7 December 2012
Links to resources, events and reviews featured in TES this week
Key stage 1 - Iceberg ahead
- Try this interactive book from lisabedgehod to introduce pupils to features of the Antarctica.
Key stage 2 - Teachers in the Freezer
- Find out what happened when a group of teachers went to Antarctica in a Teachers TV video.
Key stage 3 - Top of the pole
- Test students’ knowledge of the Antarctica with lrabbetts’s quiz.
Key stage 4 - Chilly holidays
- Explore the impact of tourism on the Antarctica with this GreenTV video.
Get writing right
If you’re looking for resources to support primary pupils’ writing development, check out TES’s new writing progression resources.
Encourage students to show an interest in current affairs with new TES partner the Day’s resources.
Check out the TES UCAS collection for resources to help you with the last minute rush of students wanting to apply
Get back to basics with the TES grammar flashcard.
Assembly of the week: Steps to success
- Why not wrap up your assembly by asking students to share their top study tips.
- For an assembly for every of the term, check out the TES assembly-a-day collection.
Top 10 Heroes
Check out more heroes resources in the TES collection
'If you have a novel idea for the classroom – or the solution to a knotty teaching problem - we'd love to hear about it.' Please email ideas to our Resources editor
Spotlight on… Human Rights
Encourage students to focus on humanitarian issues with these Human Rights Day resources, in the TES collection.
- Buckle your swash for CatherinePaver’s collection of resources on ‘Les TroisMousquetaires’ and ‘Don Quixote’.
- Check out Emmamartinez1507’s resource pack on Spain which discusses Don Quixote.
- Or try cathsockhead’s lesson-friendly text about the life of Jeanne d’Arc.
- Sclindal shares an obstacle course unit to get pupils active.
- Or try Dancing diva’s lesson where pupils create a dance to represent soldiers in a parade.
- Explore the wonders of Ancient Greece with the TES collection.
- Understand how to apply “philosophy for children” in your classroom with this Ofsted guide.
- Check out Jonny Griffiths’ collection of resources to help you conquer the S2 Statistics module
- Try Astronyxis’ lesson on Spearman’s Rank Correlation Coefficient.
- Explore the seven summits of the world with a lesson pack from gillimac.
- Or try theTES mountains and rivers collection to inspire your scheme of work.