TES collection Mountains and rivers
Primary Geography - Mountains and rivers
Resources shared by the teaching community on TES Resources and selected byTES Primary adviser, Sara Carroll.
A collection of some of the best uploaded resources shared by teachers for topics on mountains and rivers.
- Facts about mountains, with images, providing valuable information and links for pupil research.
- An amazing presentation to start off a water topic in KS2, including river features, river animals, environmental issues and the water cycle.
Widget Software have contributed several Geography resources which are fully supported by Widgit symbols - for those pupils who struggle to read the text to understand the concept. These resources are all in PDF format.
- Information about what defines a mountain, with full Widgit symbol support.
- An illustrated worksheet to look at the plants and mountains in mountain environments.
- Words and symbols for mountain topic vocabulary, which would be useful for individual pupil support or to use as flashcards in a class discussion.
Louise Bruzon a first school co-ordinator, has contributed several excellent Geography resources for KS1 (all in Word Doc format)
- Images of different environment for pupils to describe, as well as a postcard template and a choice of stamps.
- Worksheets for labelling and describing different types of locations.
- A series of world maps showing positions of major mountains, rivers, deserts and oceans.
- Worksheets for children to describe environments using their senses. What did Barnaby see, hear, smell, taste and touch?
- Explore Snowdonia to find out about its features and identify activities that could be carried out there. Suitable for KS1 pupils.
- For younger pupils, this shows a puppet visiting waterways and asking questions about features and uses.
- KS2 ‘mountain environment’ topic information for display and a workbook in which to answer questions.
- Information about volcanoes and links, for KS2 pupils.
- Key facts for KS2 about the eight highest mountains, hidden in a ‘chatterbox’!
- Images and facts about six of the world’s major rivers. Suitable for KS2.