AQA GCSE anthology - Moon on the Tides - Ghazal
From the ‘Relationships’ cluster - Khalvati reads her poem in a rural park.
TES English Poetry Revision
AQA GCSE Anthology
Moon on the Tides – Poetry Across Time
'Ghazal' by Mimi Khalvati
- A 20-page pupil booklet with a range of teaching resources, activities and worksheets.
- Three audio files to aid study and revision of the poem. One is a straight forward reading of the poem (no SFX), one a reading with sound effects, and one a commentary on the poem.
- "Maybe it's time to remind our pupils that an arrow can be an arrow as well as being a cock."
Anne Thrope (Ms) discusses the new literature GCSE.
- Mimi Khalvati discusses and reads extracts from her poem.
- Covers contemporary and literary heritage poets in the cluster
- Illustrated e-poetry booklet containing the complete set of 15 poems
- Audio files with poetry readings and commentaries for each poem
- Printable pupil booklets including activities and worksheets
- A range of videos to support study and revision
The full set of poetry content from TES English includes digital e-poetry booklets and audio readings and commentaries for each of the 60 poems (all four clusters) in the anthology:
- Character and Voice
Further English revision resources are available in the extensive TES English Teaching Resource Collections