Getting to know your pupils
50 Ideas for Meeting Your New Class
- Activities to do when meeting your new class on transition day or on the first day.
All About Me booklet
- A template with categories for the pupil to add their details e.g. favourite foods, my family, special friends…
Secret Agent Files
- Getting to know you secret agent files for pupils to complete and add their photo.
Passport to Year X
- Simple passport template, ideal for meeting new classes either on a transfer day, or on the first day of a new term.
About ‘me’ questionnaire
- Get to know your students better with this activity.
- A blank passport where children fill in details about themselves - easily adapted.
Helping pupils to settle in
- Useful resource for new students to the school.
Year 1 Class Welcome Letter
- A letter to children and parents for the start of year one that could be adapted to suit other years.
Top 10 Behaviour Management Tips
- A popular resource listing good tips on behaviour management, suitable for any age or ability.
- A set of reward tags for good behaviour or good work.
Postcards to Parents
- A set of postcards to send home with a child to communicate achievement to parents.
Assembly About Friendship for KS1 & KS2
- An assembly or PHSE resource for discussing friendship with primary children
First Week Back Activities
- Activities for the first week back at at school.
- Lots of ideas for new teachers plus new ideas for more experienced colleagues.
Fun Activities for day one
- A few ideas for jobs to do on the first day. Basic Health and Safety list for the teacher to impart and a Passport for their new class.
First day back
- Activities that will ease the stress of moving into a new class for both, the children and you.
Four Different A4 Calendars to Colour
- Calendar ‘colouring in’ templates in for any year, including calendars with each month or the four seasons
Guess Who Game
- A fun game to help new pupils get to know each other.
Classroom resources, labels and posters
Back to school pack
- flashcards, posters, class lists,blank sticker charts,a multiplication square, number fans, ‘welcome to..’ postcards, book labels, a birthday certificate, name tags and much more.
Reading Corner posters
- Four different designs, all with a book theme.
- Word and picture matching game.
- Useful instant display activity for the first week back.
Time saver stickers
- Save time with these useful stickers.
- Colourful illustrated labels that will fit the majority of trays/drawers.
Classroom Monitors/Classroom Helpers
- Roles of classroom helpers, with space to put names of pupils who are responsible for that job.
Classroom Monitor/Job List
- A way of getting children to feel responsible for their surroundings and to involve pupils in the class ‘community’.
- Small colourful cards to use for a visual timetable for EYFS or SEN use.
- List of actvities based on the popular book.
TESiboard Interactives – First Day/Week Activities:
Getting Ready for School - Presentation
- A personal report on getting ready for school, which pupils can change into instructions, by using the imperative. Part of the TESiboard Non-Fiction Instruction Writing collection.
Getting Ready for School - Sequencer
- Pupils review each of the instructions and drag them into order onto the timeline, play back the sequence and rewrite the instructions in their own words. Part of the TESiboard Non-Fiction Instruction Writing collection
Getting Ready for Gym - Presentation
- A personal report on getting ready for gym, which pupils can change into instructions, by using the imperative. Part of the TESiboard Non-Fiction Instruction Writing collection.
Getting Ready for Gym - Sequencer
- Pupils review each of the instructions and drag them into order onto the timeline, play back the sequence and rewrite the instructions in their own words. Part of the TESiboard Non-Fiction Instruction Writing collection.
Going to School, I See…
- Make a rolling scene of a simple journey, such as one to school, and the landmarks seen on the way.
- Pupils can use this template to create their own name and address labels, with personalised illustrations.
Travelling to School
- Compare ways of travelling to school. Set the three children off using different transport methods.
Classroom Equipment - List Maker
- Build a classroom equipment list, item by item, annotating it with quantities and editing the item name if required.
What’s the Weather?
- Discuss today’s weather and ask pupils to choose appropriate clothing to suit the weather. A good first day activity that can become a daily starter.
- Create a scene for each season or one for the time of year, adding objects and choosing the right clothes.
- An activity to match clothes to weather conditions. Choose the weather using the buttons in the top left and then choose items of clothing and accessories for Humpty to wear.
Bear Abroad: Postcard Maker
- This interactive writing frame helps pupils make a postcard. Choose a background and appropriate wording from the lists or leave blank to print and draw your own card of where you have been.
- Create your own address label with personalised illustrations.
Colour it In
- A simple introductory colouring activity to change the colour of shapes that make up a picture. Great for young children to get to grips with mouse control and onscreen tools.
Bear’s Dance Moves (directional game)
- A fun TESiboard interactive where pupils follow simple directions - by clicking on the correct arrows to move the bear up, down, left and right.