Bookaboo and TSL (“TES Connect”) competition - Terms and conditions
Bookaboo and TSL (“TES Connect”) competition
Terms and conditions
Bookaboo and TSL ("TES Connect") competition
1.1 To be eligible you will need to submit a video of yourself reading aloud from a picture book on the recommended list of Bookaboo books or any picture book or your choice, or create a written entry that outlines why Bookaboo should come to your school in no more than 50 words, complete the entry form and email it to TES@tes.co.uk before 11.59PM on Wednesday 31 July 2013.
1.2 Recommended list of Bookaboo books is here.
1.3 Your video can cover part of or the whole book (there’s no minimum or maximum limit). Also your video doesn’t need to be edited or feature any music or graphics. Your video should not include children in a classroom setting.
1.4 If the video is less than 10MB then it should be emailed along with the entry form to TES@tes.co.uk, otherwise you must provide a link to download the video from a free file-sharing site such as MailBigFile or Yousendit, or a link to the video on a video sharing site such as YouTube, or submit the video on a USB stick and mail it to us.
2. The Prize
2.1 Filming will take place over one day on a weekend between 5-6 October 2013. By entering, you agree that should you win, your school is willing and able to take part in the filming within these dates, and that you will be able to accommodate a visit by Happy Films to your school for pre-production planning prior to filming.
The winning episode may be broadcast in the UK and abroad and may be released on DVD or in digital form online or as part of a download or on demand or other digital service. You will therefore need to be able to confirm that the school and the teacher have given all consents needed to enable the episode to be used in any way and in any media and territory without payment of additional fees.
It is the responsibility of the winning school to gain permissions from the parents of all children who would like to take part in the filming.
3. A shortlist of 6 teachers will be selected by a TSL and Bookaboo judging panel, based on the quality of their entry. Quality is defined by how engaging and entertaining the reading is. The shortlist will be announced on Tuesday 27 August 2013.
4. The semi-finalist schools will be decided by a public vote. The start date of the vote is Tuesday 27 August 2013. The end date of the vote is 11.59pm on Sunday 8 September 2013. The winning teacher will be announced on Monday 16 September 2013.
5. By participating you agree to the requirements set out in all promotional materials and the following General Terms and Conditions.
6. The competition may be promoted over several different websites simultaneously.
7. Not open to employees (or their immediate families) of TSL Education Ltd ("TSL"), its agencies or anyone else professionally associated with this promotion. TSL reserves the right to request proof of identity or to verify eligibility conditions and to award any prize to the winner in person.
8. Open to teachers at UK primary schools only. Maximum one entry per teacher. Entries via agents or third parties or the use of multiple identities and email addresses are not permitted. TSL reserves the right to disqualify late, misdirected, incomplete, corrupted, lost, illegible or invalid entries.
10. By entering, you agree to have the information you provide on your entry form shared with Happy Films, who are co-hosting this competition.
11. By entering, you give permission for your video to be used by TSL and Happy Films for promotional purposes.
12.We require a response before awarding any prize and if no response is received within a reasonable period of time, TSL reserves the right to withdraw the prize entitlement and will award the prize to a substitute winner drawn at the same time as the first name(s) selected.
13.The winner will be contacted by email within 48 hours of the promotion closing date and the winner must confirm their ability to take part in the filming by Thursday 12 September.
14.Unless otherwise agreed with the Promoter, the prize will only be directly awarded to the winner.
15. Entrants accept that, if they win, Happy Films will have the right, without additional payment or permission, to use the name of the winning school or educational institution for the purposes of announcing the Winner of this competition and for related promotional purposes.
16. TSL has arranged this Promotion in good faith but, to the fullest extent allowed by law, accepts no responsibility for loss or damages as a result of anyone participating in the Promotion or any aspect of any prize awarded. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected.
17. TSL reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the promotion or extend or resume the entry period or disqualify any participant at any time without giving advance notice and will do so if it cannot be guaranteed that the promotion can be carried out fairly or correctly for technical, legal or other reasons or if TSL suspects that any person has been manipulating entries or the results or has acted unethically in any other way.
18. Email safety In the event that TSL wishes to contact you in connect with your entry we will do so via an email ending in 'tes.co.uk' or 'tsleducation.com' or by phone with a follow up e-mail. However, an email ending in 'tes.co.uk' or 'tsleducation.com' is not a guarantee that the email is authentic. Any email which appears to come from TSL but using a different ending (e.g. webmail accounts such as hotmail.com, yahoo.com, gmail.com etc) should be treated with suspicion and forwarded to Customer Service. DO NOT respond or act on any e-mail if you are not sure that it comes from TSL. If you are in any doubt please contact Customer Services on 0203 194 3000.
19. Winners will be required to participate in reasonable related publicity without further payment or permission. TSL may publish the first name, surname and/or town/city. In the absence of participation, TSL reserves the right to withdraw the prize entitlement, without recompense and award the prize to the substitute.
20. For information regarding the name of the winner please visit www.tesconnect.com/bookaboo within 3 months of the closing date.
21. TSL's decision is final and we reserve the right not to correspond on any matter.
22. TSL is registered in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act and complies with regulatory requirements and expectations related to Privacy.
23. The laws of England apply and any disputes will be dealt with in the English courts only.
Promoter: TSL Education Ltd, 26 Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4HQ, United Kingdom