Downloading a resource
To download a resource, simply login with your user name and password. Select the resource you want to download and click on the resource title in the Download Resources section of the page.
How do I download a resource?
To download a resource, simply login with your user name and password. Select the resource you want to download and click on the file name that you wish to download.
How do I download a Teachers TV video?
Teachers TV videos play automatically in an embedded window, but you can also download them. To do so, simply login with your user name and password. Select the video you want to download and right-click on the version that you wish to download. Please note that not all versions are available for each Teachers TV video, and some Teachers TV videos are not available for download at all.
Is there a limit to the number of resources I can download?
No. You can download as many resources as you need.
How do I open files with non-standard extensions?
Some of the uploaded files will have been created for specific applications and interactive whiteboards. There are some viewers available, or alternatively there are limited trial versions that you can install.
- AU - AUs are audio files which can be opened in most Windows and Mac audio software including Apple QuickTime and Windows Media Player.
- DOCX, XLSX and PPTX - Microsoft has some online file convertors and viewers which allow you to open files created by different versions of Office. These files can also be opened in iWork, OpenOffice and Google Docs.
- ET - These files can be read on Easiteach Reader.
- FLP - Promethean. Flipchart viewers are available for Windows and Mac.
- NOTEBOOK, XBK - These files are created by SMART Notebook software. The SMART Notebook Interactive viewer is available for download on an open licence, allowing you to exchange Notebook files with any of your colleagues.
- PUB - These files can only be opened in Microsoft Publisher for Windows. No viewers are available but a 60 day free trial version of the software will enable you to open these files.
- RA - These are Real Audio files. A free download of RealPlayer is available.
- YAR - These files are unique to Hitachi's Starboard Interactive whiteboard. There is a free viewer for Windows available.
How do I rate and review a resource?
To rate and review a resource you must be logged in with your user name and password. Once you're logged in, select the resource you want to rate and review. Underneath the resource classification you'll find a box titled 'Add a review', just type in your review here. You'll also find a Rate option here. Once you're done simply click on 'save' to add your review and rating.
Please note that you cannot add a review without rating.
Can I rate and comment on a resource anonymously?
No. We feel it's important that comments and reviews are left by a traceable user. This will result in your comments or reviews being taken more seriously by other users.