Hair and beauty teaching resources
Hair, beauty and nutrition teaching resources suitable for BTEC, NVQ and other vocational hair and beauty courses. From instructional PowerPoints to spelling lists, research skills to business advice, there’s plenty to help prepare students for the world of work.
- Help students understand research skills with this handy, generic guide from OCR.
- An introduction to communication skills vital to hair & beauty training.
- Functional skills for the salon are explored in these four video lesson starters.
- This is a handy spelling list for hair and beauty students.
Hair and make-up
- Explain bleaching, tinting and timings with this clear and visual presentation.
- Inspire your students with a host of ideas about setting hair styles.
- The science and style of shampooing hair.
- Online support for NVQ hairdressing trainees.
- Legislation and appearances are central to this client-focused lesson.
- Complete unit-by-unit workbook for students to complete this introductory course.
- Cross-curricular project for photography and hairdressing students.
Beauty and sports treatments
- Follow the journey of one successful 19-year-old beauty therapist.
- A detailed guide to treating sports injuries and healing athletes.
Nutrition and fitness
- Introduce food pyramids and bust healthy eating myths with this detailed introduction to nutrition.
- Foodafactoflife’s guide to making foods work for you to get the best nutritional value.
- Help students understand how to design a suitable fitness plan with these unit schemes of work.
- A simple, easy business plan template introducing the world of business.
- Students with big ambitions can learn how to start their own business with these detailed guides to start-up success.
- Students may be creative stylists, but budgeting is crucial to any business – this resource will help them learn the basics.
- Get students thinking ahead to the world of work with Bright_Knowledge’s guide to working in industry.