Healthy eating resources
Fruit and vegetable IWB, recipes, worksheets and healthy eating displays, lesson plans and games
Healthy eating resources
Fruit and vegetable IWB, recipes, worksheets and healthy eating
displays, lesson plans and games
Worksheets and sorting
- Healthy eating sorting Cards to sort food into eat lots, eat everyday or eat occasionally.
- Writing resources Writing work sheets for the topic of ourselves.
- Describing a fruit Work sheets to describe what a fruit looks, tastes, smells and feels like.
- Healthy fruit and veg Charts, lesson plan and website links to encourage a healthy diet.
- What is your favourite fruit and vegetable? Smiley face worksheet to use after fruit and vegetable tasting in class.
- Fruit and vegetables Medium term plan for a fruit and veg topic.
- Food sentences Food themed introduction to writing sentences.
- Food flashcards Word document for display or flashcards of food.
IWB and displays
- Healthy eater chart Chart to promote healthy eating.
- Very Hungry Caterpillar PowerPoints to use in relation to healthy eating.
- Healthy living PowerPoint About healthy living for Foundation stage or KS1.
- Sign language pictures for common foods Booklet showing sign language images of popular foods.
- All made with food PowerPoint pictures made entirely from food.
- Harvest food presentation Images prompting questions about where our food comes from.
- Fruits and vegetables PowerPoint about the differences between fruits and vegetables.
- Healthy diet - why bother? PowerPoint giving facts about a healthy diet.
Games and activities
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Healthy eating board game based on the popular book.
- Handa?s surprise game Book based healthy eating game.
- Food groups mobile Make a mobile showing the five food groups.
- My favourite meal plate Draw a favourite meal onto a paper plate.
- The enormous turnip song Fun song which the children will love.
- Food topic Collection of resources to support the food topic.
- Fruit problem solving IWB about sharing, dividing, multiplying and counting.
- Healthy eating top trumps Use as a starter when discussing healthy food choices.
Healthy eating recipes
- Gingerbread man How to make a gingerbread man plus sequencing activities.
- Recipes for biscuit men Simple instructions to make biscuit men.
- Recipes for fruit salad Follow simple instructions to make fruit salad.
- Pumpkin soup lesson plan Introducing pumpkins as part of fruit and vegetable/ harvest topic.
- Recipe sheets Six recipes, including fish cakes, low fat bread rolls and muffins.
- Making mincepies photo recipe Simple photo cards for making mincepies.