History - Olympics
- The politics of the 1936 Munich Olympics are explored in this resource from Ngfl Cymru.
- This collection of modern Olympic posters are great to display in the classroom or as a hook to research different periods and places.
- A lesson about the philosophy that underpins the modern Olympics, and the meaning behind the ceremonial aspects.
Important, spirit, event
- 3 videos from BBC Class Clips – History exploring the significance of the games in Ancient Greece.
- the sprint
- athletic events
- How much do you know about the history of the Olympic Games?
- Do you know your Olympics Greats? How well do you know Team GB?
- This picture quiz will ask students to identify several Olympic athletes, both old and new.