How we Moderate
We work on a notice and take down policy known as reactive moderation unless a forum is set pre-moderated
How we moderate
We work on a notice and take down policy also known as reactive moderation. However the Personal forum is set as pre-moderated to new accounts. Opinion is set pre-moderated to new accounts during out of office hours. After a certain period of time, accounts will be set as not moderated whereby users will be able to post in all forums without the pre-moderation sanction.
We have also switched on a spam link blocker. This means that posts containing links can now automatically go into the moderation queue no matter which forum they were posted in or the status of the user. If we are happy that the post does not contain spam, advertising or breaks our T&C, we will release the post into the intended forum (including at weekends). We apologise for the inconvenience to genuine posters.
- Posts that are reported and considered to be in breach of our T&C or Code of conduct are deleted.
- Deleted posts that have been responded to (or quoted all or part of a deleted post) may also be deleted. This can sometimes be due to a thread descending into an unpleasant exchange of posts and rather than deleting the whole thread they are removed from a certain point onwards. Unfortunately other innocent posts may go as a result.
- An email acknowledgement will be sent to your registered email address on receipt of an abuse report. If you do not receive this, check that your email address is up to date in your profile. We will contact you again if we need further information.
We reserve the right to remove content, lock threads, ban members or moderate user posts in our moderated forums at our discretion - we won't enter into debates regarding any sanction.
Please also see:-
To report abuse in the forums
On each message you'll find a Report Abuse link. Simply click on it and provide:
- Username who posted
- The content of the message and your reason for reporting it.
Our team will investigate your complaint and aim to do so within 24 hours. An automatic email acknowledgement will be sent to your registered email address on receipt of an abuse report. If you do not receive this, check that your email address is up to date in your profile. We will contact you again if we need further information.
To report a PM in your Inbox
If you receive an unpleasant personal message, you can delete this but if you wish to report an offensive or spam personal message you must take a screenshot of this including a link to the user's profile and email us at Internet_editor@tes.co.uk
What happens next?
- Posts hidden from view from a certain date until further notice
- Posts pre-moderated in all pre-moderated forums until further notice
- Banned from using the site for a period of time
- Banned from the site indefinitely (suspended)
Cyberbullying will not be tolerated. To support the Campaign visit www.teachersunion.org.uk/cyberbullying