In the news - The Budget
Today George Osborne revealed the red budget briefcase once again to deliver his strategy for securing a fanciful financial future for the UK.
In the news this week
Today George Osborne revealed the red budget briefcase once again to deliver his strategy for securing a fanciful financial future for the UK. This year sees major tax adjustments and more support for new businesses and low income workers. How much do your students know about taxation and the economy? We've handpicked some resources to help you explain it.
Osborne sums up the ethos behind this year's budget.
- Can students work out their own expenditures? My money maths helps them compare income and outcomes in a practical way.
- While financial news may give students a headache, this fun-packed PowerPoint is full of colourful quizzes that make economics entertaining.
- An animated, colourful introduction to Government spending and taxation.
- What did Osborne have to consider in designing the 2012 budget? This step-by-step breakdown lets students see just how many things he has to juggle.
- How much tax should different people play (Based on the rates for April 2012)? Why not adapt this resource to consider the savings they will make from next April as an extension activity.
Related resources from our partners