In the news - Clare's Law
In the news this week
People is parts of the UK will soon have the 'right to know' whether their partner has previous been investigated for domestic abuse, some hail this move as a great victory for the prevention of violence in the home whilst domestic abuse charity, Refuge have warned it will do little to save victims. Explore the issues and debate perspectives with these resources.
'Clare's Law' pilot scheme
- Help students to spot the warning signs that their partner or a friends' is beginning to be abusive; remind them it is not just about physical violence with lesson on teen relationship issues and abuse.
- Explore the emotions wrapped up in scenarios of domestic abuse with this improvisation drama scheme.
- Facts and stats to provoke discussion- why not set up a role play debate in your next PSHE lesson or tutorial?
- Eliminate any ideas that violence is ever acceptable with this assembly script and video from TrueTube that combines public opinion with shocking statistics.
- Explore what a relationship needs to be 'healthy' with this beautiful presentation to get students thinking.