In the news - Grand National tragic deaths
In the news this week
Grand National tragic deaths
The death of two horses, Synchronised and According to Pete, during last weekend’s Grand National has put the spotlight on the treatment of animals in horse racing. The RSPCA and several other welfare groups are calling for a review of the course’s safety. Explore your students’ views with these resources to encourage discussion and debate about animal welfare.
- From animal testing to horse racing, this lesson will stimulate debate about the fairness of how people treat animals.
- Develop arguments to structure a discussion on animal rights with this quick cloze worksheet.
- A Grand National case study exploring issues of cloning and genetic manipulation.
- How can students work with animals? What skills would they need? How can they help? Find out in this handy fact sheet.
- First News children’s newspaper explain the features of a front page.
- Get students creating their own news report with this step-by-step guide.