In the news - North Korean rocket launch
The release of a long-range rocket last Friday should have marked the 100th anniversary of Kim II Sung’s (North Korea’s founder) birth.
In the news this week
North Korean rocket launch
A failed missile launch in North Korea has been heavily criticised by many world powers for wasting money and for displaying state paranoia over the improvement of international relations. The release of a long-range rocket last Friday was made as part of the national celebrations to mark the 100th anniversary of the birth of North Korean founder Kim II Sung. Try these resources on nuclear testing and communism to structure your own class debate.
- Understand the history and politics of the Korean divide with this extensive Cold War revision pack.
- Help students to understand the dangers of nuclear explosions and prepare them to discuss why missile testing is seen as a threat with this sorting activity.
- There has been a long history of conflict between communist and capitalist countries. Get students debating about the two systems with this guide.
- Before getting political, help students understand their own ideologies with this fun, thought provoking worksheet.
- Help pupils to write their own TV news broadcast with this handy PowerPoint.
- A scheme of work to develop news story structures.