Pirate upload competition terms and conditions
Pirate upload competition terms and conditions
TES Resources, Pirate upload competition
Promotion Terms and Conditions
- To be eligible your pirate-themed teaching resources need to be uploaded to www.tesconnect.com between 12.00AM on 2 September 2013 and 11.59PM BST on 22 September 2013.
- For the purposes of this promotion, a quality resource is defined as:
- An industry standard file (e.g.in Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc. file formats) is uploaded to www.tesconnect.com. A web link to resources available on any websites will not qualify for entry.
- Original material, created by the person who submitted the resource.
- Appropriate content for the intended target audience and learning objective.
- Correctly mapped to a subject/topic on the site, with a meaningful description (including, where necessary, details such as learning objective and how to use the resource) and title that includes the word "pirate".
- Appropriate classifications added to each resource page; i.e, the key stage, subject, topic (and subtopic if relevant)
- Titles and descriptions of resources must not be duplicated. Any resources with duplicate titles will NOT be counted. Descriptions should not be a repeat of the title and must be 'descriptive' of what the resource is; e.g. What is it?, How can it be used ?
- For the purposes of this promotion, each file uploaded or embedded will count as a separate resource. It does not matter if these files are uploaded to one or many resource details pages, although for the sake of other users we encourage you to group your resources logically. Please do not upload files on their own if they do not make sense in isolation.
- Resources must be unique, i.e. not a duplicate resource, or a previously published resource that was taken down and then republished in the promotion timeframe.
- Resources uploaded with negligible differences between the original and the duplicate will NOT be considered qualifying resources and will therefore not be counted e.g. resources created using a template with minor variations applied.
- Resources which have been created using any kind of online generator / template / macros etc. will not be considered.
- Any resources not considered by the promoter, in its absolute discretion, to be qualifying entries in accordance with these terms & conditions will not be counted as part of the number of submissions and may be removed from the site. We reserve the right to disqualify any resources we deem unacceptable, so please bear this in mind before you upload a resource. For more information on resource upload compliance please visit the dos and don'ts guide. If in doubt, please contact TES@tsleducation.com before uploading your resource.
- Joint entries are not permissible.
- Syndicated entries or those made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed.
- Resources must remain on the site for at least one year after the closing date of the promotion.
- The first thirty members who have uploaded 1 or more eligible quality pirate-themed resources during the competition period will each win 30 pirate hats for the classroom. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
- The member who uploads the most pirate-themed resources during the competition time period will receive a laminator for their school. The decision on who will win the laminator will be taken after the competition
- In the event of two or more members being tied on number of resources shared in the competition period, the following criteria will be used to separate them:
- Number of times those resources have been downloaded
- Number of times those resources have been favourited
- Number of times those resources have been viewed.
- No cash alternative will be offered and all prizes awarded by TSL are non-transferable.
- The winners will be contacted by email upon close of competition. If no response to this contact has been received within 28 days, the email address will then be deemed invalid and another winner will be selected.
- The decision of the promoter is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The promoter reserves the right to disqualify an entry if it's believed the entrant does not hold the copyrights or have the permissions necessary to qualify the resource as their original work.
- Employees and agents of TSL Education Limited or any company connected with the production or distribution of the promotion or any of their associated companies are not eligible to take part in this promotion, nor are their relatives or members of their families or households. Proof of eligibility must be provided on request.
- Entry to this promotion is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. By sharing your resources on the TES website, you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms.
- For confirmation of winners, please visit www.tesconnect.com/pirates within 3 months of the closing date
- THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT IN ITS ABSOLUTE DISCRETION: ( A) TO DISQUALIFY ANY CLAIMANT, COMPETITOR OR NOMINEE WHOSE CONDUCT IS CONTRARY TO THE SPIRIT OF THE RULES OR THE INTENTION OF THE PROMOTION AND TO DECLARE AS VOID ANY OR ALL OF THEIR CLAIMS OR ENTRIES BASED ON SUCH CONDUCT; (B) TO DECLARE AS VOID ANY CLAIMS OR ENTRIES RESULTING FROM ANY PRINTING, PRODUCTION AND/OR DISTRIBUTION ERRORS (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ERROR(S) ON THIS WEBSITE, AND/OR OTHER PRINTED MATERIALS) OR WHERE THERE HAS BEEN ERROR(S) IN ANY ASPECT OF THE PREPARATION FOR OR CONDUCT OF THE PROMOTION MATERIALLY AFFECTING THE RESULT OF THE PROMOTION OR THE NUMBER OF CLAIMANTS OR THE VALUE OF CLAIMS; (C) TO ADD TO OR TO WAIVE ANY RULES ON REASONABLE NOTICE; AND/OR (D) TO CANCEL THE PROMOTION OR ANY PART OF IT AT ANY STAGE IN THE EVENT OF CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND ITS REASONABLE CONTROL ONLY WHERE CIRCUMSTANCES MAKE THIS UNAVOIDABLE.
Promoter: TSL Education Ltd, 26 Red Lion Square, London. WC1R 4HQ, United Kingdom
TES is a trademark of TSL Education Ltd.