Public services teaching resources
Teamwork, discipline and fitness and nutrition are just some of the topics covered in these teaching resources suitable for BTEC, NVQ and other vocational public services courses. From PowerPoints to assignments, workbooks to revision guides, there’s plenty to help prepare students for the world of work.
- BTEC level two assignment brief introducing students to the skills and services of the sector.
- An introduction to the pros and cons of different public service jobs.
- Allaboutcareers has shared this fact sheet about different public service and defence jobs.
- A bundle of resources from assignments to lessons to help students understand authority and discipline.
- Get pupils setting ground rules while developing team building skills with this active introduction to public services.
- Assessments, tasks and terminology to give students a good grasp of discipline.
- Get pupils to explain the importance of discipline to a friend looking to join the uniformed public services.
- This PowerPoint introduces the pros and cons of teamwork.
- Complete workbook for BTEC uniformed public services covering a range of useful skills.
- Ready-to-use assessment template for unit two of the BTEC national public service course.
- This 23-page teacher-written book is full of activities exploring leadership.
Public service issues
- An assignment brief and tasks to help students understand the impact crime has on the local and wider society.
- Clarify legal matters from government involvement to police bail with this range of teaching resources.
- A PowerPoint and a worksheet exploring how the law protects human rights in the UK.
- Explain the historical background to conflicts in the world today with this introductory PowerPoint.
- Provoke discussion about the rights of police officers with this PowerPoint.
- Test students’ knowledge of the UK legal system with this fun classroom quiz.
Health, fitness and well-being in public services
- Case studies and comprehension questions about mental health issues for uniformed public service staff.
- This visual fitness test is designed specifically for the fire services.
- A concise revision guide on physical strength and fitness.
- A comprehensive study booklet introducing the importance of a healthy diet.
- From hockey to badminton, basketball to athletics, these sports guides compiled by UK Athletics (for the Royal Navy) help students get physically fit for a career in the armed forces.
- Find out more about prison jobs with this helpful careers guide.
- Help the future of the force plan their career steps with this detail guide to salaries, roles and progression.
- Encourage students to pursue a career saving lives with this fire and rescue services career guide.