Share with your friends -Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions: TES Refer a Friend Prize Draw
1. This promotion is open to existing Members of TES aged 18 years or over.
2. To participate in this promotion you must recommend your friend to join TES by sending them the promotion details and asking them to register and give your details as the referrer to TES by 2 April 2012. That friend must register on the site for your entry to be validated. We will not be held responsible for registration tracking errors and cannot guarantee user error will not occur.
3. A weekly prize draw will run during the promotional period and if your friend registers you will both be entered to win £500 (or equivalent in local currency, calculated using the exchange rate on the date the prize is awarded). A new prize draw will take place each week with winners only being drawn from entrants in each respective week. For every friend who registers you will receive an additional entry into that week’s prize draw.
4. There will be 6 weekly prize draws in total, taking place on the following dates:
- - 27th February 2012
- 5th March 2012
- 12th March 2012
- 19th March 2012
- 26th March 2012
- 2nd April 2012
5. The promotion will run from Wednesday 22nd February 2012 – 2nd April 2012. Weekly prize draws will take place on Monday 27th February – 2nd April 2012 from all valid entries received by midnight every Sunday in each respective week.
6. One friend referral will be selected at random by an independent person each week.
7. The referrer and referred friend will win £500 (or equivalent in local currency, calculated using the exchange rate on the date the prize is awarded) each.
8. The 5 members who have recommended the most friends who have signed up by 2nd April to become a member of TES will each win £1,000 (or equivalent in local currency, calculated using the exchange rate on the date the prize is awarded).
9. We reserve the right to carry out a check to verify that all winners are legitimate education professionals, and we reserve the right to select other winners if this condition is not met.
10. By participating in the referral scheme, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, and that the decision of TES is final and binding in all matters relating to this Promotion.
11. Winners will be contacted by email within 3 days of each weekly draw, and, in the case of the £1,000 prize winners, within 3 days of the closing date. If any winner cannot be contacted within 28 days of prize notification or are not able or available to accept the prize for any reason which is beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original in accordance with these terms & conditions.
12. Details of the prize winners’ first name and county will be available for three months after the close of this promotion by writing to the Promoter at the address below and stating the name and date of the promotion.
13. The name, country and photograph of the winners may be used by the Promoter and its associated companies for post-event publicity purposes. The winners agree to allow the Promoter to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration
14. In addition to the use specified above, the Promoter will use each winner’s, and each entrant’s, personal details for the purpose of administering this promotion and the provision of the prizes. Your details will not be passed on to any third party.
15. Prizes will be sent directly to the winners in the form of a cheque to the address provided upon prize acceptance. There are no alternative prizes available, in whole or in part, except, owing to circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the promoter, the promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value. Cheques will be sent to all winners within 30 days of the closing date.
16. This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion.
17. Employees and agents of TSL Education Limited or any company connected with the production or distribution of a promotion or any of their associated companies are not eligible to take part in the applicable promotion, nor are their relatives or members of their families or households. Proof of eligibility must be provided on request.