| Support Stars Competition – winner announced! |
| Thank you for the hundreds of nominations we have received over the last few months. |
We are pleased to announce the overall winner of the competition is the Learning Mentoring team
at Plashet School in East London!
Plashet School has won their choice of multimedia equipment for the school worth up to £10,000 plus a VIP table at the national TESSA Awards.
Download the TES Support Star competition shortlisted nominations:
- September 2012: Cover Supervisors team, Lampton School
October 2012: Lorraine Camp, PA, The Regis School TA SEN support team, Poole Grammar School The foundation staff, Badgerbrook Primary School
- November 2012: Anna Keogh, EAL support worker, St Benedict School The year managers team, Tapton School Maureen Brennan, teaching assistant, Archbishop Temple School
- December 2012: The moderate learning difficulties resource dept team,Ysgol Bryn Coch School
- January 2013: Charlie and Vanessa Johnston, premises managers at Sprowston Community High School, Norwich Mrs Jude Hollyman, PA to headteacher at Saltash school, Cornwall Media Resource Team - Helen, Jody and Jack at Dunraven school, London
- February 2013: Learning mentor team at Plashet School, London Borough of Newham Student mentors team at Peacock Gym Academy, London
- March 2013: Ray Smith, facilities manager at Oxley Park Academy in Milton Keynes
The shortlisted nominations
Thank you for the nominations we have received and congratulations to all the finalists. You can view them all here
The Support Stars competition winner…
The Learning Mentor team from Plashet School in London won the competition and recently visited RM Education’s REAL Centre to choose their prize.You can view more details here
| Here’s what you needed to do |
Get your students and teachers thinking about their own Support Stars
- Provide a statement detailing how the individual(s) or team support your school (up to 200 words).
- Photos of the support stars/teams are ideal but not mandatory. If you are sending a photo it should be 300 dpi. By entering the competition you are agreeing to your nomination being showcased in TES magazine if it is shortlisted.
- Please provide any other material you feel will support and enhance your nominations, whether it’s a painting, poem, song, video etc – the more creative the better.
| Competition nomination process |
- Each month email your different nomination and supporting information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For any video / audio files please note:
- Video files must be MP4 format and audio files must be MP3 format and no longer than 1 minute.
- To prevent any problems with us receiving your video / audio files due to file size, please use the big mail file email service.
- Just go to: http://tinyurl.com/tessupportstars
- Load your file and send it to us at email@example.com.
| How the competition worked: Terms and Conditions |
- The competition runs from 6th September 2012 until 31st March 2013.
- The competition is open to all UK schools, colleges and all phases of education pre-university.
- Each school can put forward one nomination each month for the full 7 months (7 in total). So the more nominations you provide, the more chance you have of getting one of your nominations shortlisted and through to the final judging panel.
- Each month, you can nominate a single Support Star, a group of stars, or a team.
- Nominations may not be repeated. Any Support Star nominated in one month may not be re-nominated in subsequent months.
- Each month a TES judging panel will shortlist up to 3 nominations who will each receive the monthly award and may be showcased in the TES magazine.
- All shortlisted nominations automatically go through to the final judging panel in April 2013, which will be made up of independent members drawn from TES and 3rd parties.
- Winners will be announced on 26th April 2013. The winning school and their support team will win multimedia equipment for their school and a VIP table at the national TESSA Awards and will be showcased in the TES magazine.
- By entering the competition you agree to your nomination and details being showcased in TES and used in future marketing materials.
- We will be unable to return any materials that are sent to us as part of your nomination.