Teachers TV video collection - Primary Science - Lesson Ideas
Primary Science Lesson Ideas
Teachers demonstrate and discuss their most inspirational lessons in this collection of videos for KS2 Science.
Covering a variety of Science topics, they give tips and advice for delivering the lessons yourself.
Forces and Motion
- Four primary teachers present their great lesson ideas for teaching forces and motion which involve clay modelling, chopsticks and jelly cubes, balloon rockets and paper helicopters.
Light and Sound
- Teachers present four great lesson ideas which include glass bottle instruments, coat hangers and string, curtains for the Three Little Pigs and constructing periscopes.
- This great lesson idea, uses modelling to help pupils understand that light travels in a straight line from a light source, and reflects from objects into the eye.
- Three teachers present their great electricity ideas which include games for making circuits, electric rope, ping-pong balls to test conductivity and a novel ‘yes or no’ game.
- This great lesson idea, gets pupils to problem solve using their current electricity understanding, in order to become an Apprentice Electrician.
- KS1 and 2 teachers present their four great lesson ideas for teaching materials: Including Alien Soup, An Irreversible Change, The Snowman’s Coat and An Unexpected Outcome.
For the resources used in these videos, plus many more: