TES FE Awards 2011 - Entering the awards
Entering the Awards
- The Awards are open to anyone working in the learning and skills sector, in an organisation which receives funding from the Skills Funding Agency (SFA) or the Young People's Learning Agency (YPLA): colleges, work-based learning providers, adult and community learning providers, offender learning establishments, and specialist designated institutions.
- Entry is free
- All entrants must submit their entry via the downloadable entry form, of no more than 500 words that covers the key criteria set out for the category they are entering (see below)
- Please try to answer each of the key points that the judges will be looking for
- You can enter as many categories as you like, but you must complete a separate entry form for each
- Provide clear, quantitative evidence to support your entry wherever possible
- Please provide photos to support your entry
- These Awards celebrate achievements during the 2010/11 academic year.
The Awards Submissions Process
- Each category has a downloadable entry form. Click on the category you would like to enter and download the entry form using the link at the bottom of the page.
- Review the award criteria and keep any specific requirements that the judges will be looking for in mind as you write your entry.
- Under REASON FOR ENTERING, enter your explanation of why you think your team, initiative or institution deserves to win. You have 500 words in total.
- There is an ADDITIONAL INFORMATION field which may be used for testimonials or statistics. This additional field may not be used to extend the main body of the entry beyond 500 words.
- There is space to include up to 3 photos/images to support your entry. Acceptable formats are JPG, GIF, or BMP. Please ensure all items are embedded in the form; attachments will be deleted unread.
- When you are finished, please save the entry form and go to www.tes.co.uk/feawards to submit your entry.
- Step 1: You will be asked to enter the details of the institution you are nominating and select the category you are entering.
- Step 2: Upload your completed entry form.
- Step 3: You will then have the option to review your details, tick that you've read the terms and conditions of our website, then click CONFIRM SUBMISSION and you're done.
- You should receive an email confirming that we've successfully received your nomination.
Please carefully read the section that describes the criteria the judges will be using to assess each category and make sure you cover these in the submission(s) you prepare. One of the biggest failings when people enter awards is that they don't always provide enough robust information. So please include facts and figures wherever possible. Some of the categories ask you to include details of a case study or example. Think carefully about this and choose the one that best promotes your expertise.
Entries are open until midnight on Friday 8 July 2011. The shortlist will be announced in September and the winners will be revealed at a luncheon on 11 November 2011, at The Brewery, London.
- Outstanding e-learning Team
- Outstanding Finance Team
- Outstanding Marketing/Communications Team
- Outstanding Human Resources Team
- Outstanding Estates Team
- Outstanding Innovation in Teaching, Training or Learning Provision
- Outstanding Practice in Sustainability
- Outstanding Employer Engagement
- Outstanding Contribution to the Local Community
- Outstanding Entrepreneurship in Learning and Skills
- Outstanding Leadership in Learning and Skills
- Outstanding Provider of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award