TES Resources 'Sun' or 'Snow' 2012 Competition Terms and conditions
Sun’ or ‘Snow’ 2012 Competition Terms and conditions
TES Resources 'Sun' or 'Snow' 2012 Competition
Terms and conditions
- To be eligible you will need to upload a teaching resource to www.tes.co.uk between January 27th 2012 and March 5th 2012
- Resources must be uploaded before the closing date of March 5th 2012 at 11:59 PM.
- For the purposes of this competition, a quality resource is defined as:
- At least one file (Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc) upload per resource page. A web link on its own to other resources' websites will not qualify for entry.
- Original material, created by the person who submitted the resource
- Appropriate content for the intended target audience and learning objective
- Correctly mapped to a subject/topic on the site, with a meaningful description (including, where necessary, details such as learning objective and how to use the resource) and title
- Appropriate classifications added to each resource page i.e.the key stage, subject, topic (and subtopic if relevant)
- Titles and descriptions of resources must not be duplicated. Any resources with duplicate titles will NOT be counted
- Multiple attachments to a single resource page will not be counted as multiple resources
- Unique i.e not a duplicate resource, or a previously published resource that was taken down and then republished in the competition timeframe. Resources uploaded with negligible differences between the original and the duplicate will NOT be considered quality resources and will therefore not be counted e.g. resources created using a template with minor variations applied
- In the interest of fairness, resources which have been created using any kind of online generator / template / macros etc. will not be considered. Using such software to maximise number of resources will be considered an unfair advantage over other entrants
- Resources which have been clearly split into multiple documents and uploaded as individual resources will NOT be considered quality resources and will therefore not be counted e.g. a single page of a Scheme of Work uploaded as a whole resource with relevant information missing.
- Any resources not considered to be eligible as per these rules will not be counted as part of the number of submissions and may be removed from the site. We reserve the right to disqualify any resources we deem unacceptable, so please bear this in mind before you upload a resource. We reserve the right to disqualify a user completely from the competition if the first 5 resources we audit do not meet these rules. If in doubt, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before uploading your resource.
- All files uploaded for entry must either be shared by the creator/owner of the content or have permission to distribute its content, in writing, from the original creator.
- Joint entries are not permissible.
- The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
- No cash alternative will be offered and all prizes awarded by TSL are non-transferable.
- TSL reserves the right in reasonable discretion to substitute any gift, prize or item with a gift, prize or item of equal value
- The winner will be contacted by email upon close of competition. If no response to this contact has been received within 28 days, the email address will then be deemed invalid and another winner will be selected.
- The prize will be awarded on condition that the winner agrees to take part in TSL publicity requests as appropriate. If this condition is not met by the winner, the prize will be awarded to the person with the next highest amount of uploads that does agree to this condition.
- The prize will be dispatched to the winner via a courier or UK mail service, unless otherwise stated. We will not be liable for any prize which is lost, delayed, or damaged in the post for reasons beyond our control.
- TSL reserves the right to disqualify an entry if it's believed the competition entrant does not hold the copyrights or have the permissions necessary to qualify the resource as their original work.
- TSL reserves the right in his/her reasonable discretion: ( a) to disqualify any claimant, competitor or nominee whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the rules or the intention of the promotion and to declare as void any or all of their claims or entries based on such conduct; (b) to declare as void any claims or entries resulting from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any error(s) on this website, and/or other printed materials) or where there has been error(s) in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the promotion materially affecting the result of the promotion or the number of claimants or the value of claims; (c) to add to or to waive any rules on reasonable notice; and/or (d) to cancel the promotion or any part of it at any stage in the event of circumstances beyond reasonable control.
- Employees and agents of TSL Education Limited or any company connected with the production or distribution of a promotion or any of their associated companies are not eligible to take part in the applicable promotion, nor are their relatives or members of their families or households. Proof of eligibility must be provided on request.
- Entrants must be over 18 to enter this competition.
- Competition open to all TES members around the world.
- Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. By sharing your resources on the TES website, you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms.
Holiday Prize information
The user who has shared the highest number of quality teaching resources between January 27th and March 5th will win a luxury, all-expenses paid holiday for two.
Travel to and from the UK airport, passports, visas and other travel documents are the responsibility of the winner. We reserve the right to supply another prize of equal or higher value. The Holiday Prize is subject to availability at the time of booking. For winners outside the UK, this prize can be taken as advertised but TSL will not be liable for any travel to and from UK airports. Winners may also claim a cash alternative up to the value of £3,500 GBP.
Cinema Tickets Prize information
Every day between January 27th and March 5th we will randomly select one person who has shared a quality resource on TES that day to win a pair of annual Cineworld cinema passes.
For winners outside the UK, this prize can be taken as advertised but TSL will not be liable for any travel to and from UK cinemas. Winners may also claim a cash alternative up to the value of £270.
Hampers Prize information
The creators of the top 10 most-downloaded resources between January 27th and March 5th will each win a luxury hamper for two.
For winners outside the UK, this prize can be taken as advertised but TSL will not be liable for shipping costs outside the UK. Winners may also claim a cash alternative up to the value of £60.