The TES Schools Awards - Enter Now
The Times Educational Supplement has launched its first ever Schools Awards for England and Wales. Celebrate the successes of your colleagues, stakeholders, suppliers and pupils by entering The TES Schools Awards.
Entering the Awards
- Entry is free.
- All entrants must submit their entry via the downloadable entry form, of no more than 500 words that covers the key criteria set out for the category they are entering (see below).
- Please try to answer each of the key points that the judges will be looking for.
- You can enter as many categories as you like, but you must complete a separate entry form for each.
- Provide clear, quantitative evidence to support your entry wherever possible.
- Please provide photos to support your entry.
- These Awards celebrate achievements during the 2010 calendar year and are open to all state and independent primary and secondary schools in the UK.
- Entries can be completed by schools themselves, their local authorities or their suppliers, such as architects, PR Companies etc. If you are entering on behalf of a school please make sure they are happy for you to do so.
The Awards Submissions Process
- Each category has a downloadable entry form. Click on the category you would like to enter and download the entry form using the link at the bottom of the page.
- Review the award criteria and keep any specific requirements that the judges will be looking for in mind as you write your entry.
- Under REASON FOR ENTERING, enter your explanation of why you think your team, initiative or school deserves to win. You have 500 words in total.
- There is an ADDITIONAL INFORMATION field which may be used for testimonials or statistics. This additional field may not be used to extend the main body of the entry beyond 500 words.
- There is space to include up to 3 photos/images to support your entry. Acceptable formats are JPG, GIF, or BMP. Please ensure all items are embedded in the form; attachments will be deleted unread.
- When you are finished, please save the entry form and go to www.tes.co.uk/awards to submit your entry.
- Step 1: You will be asked to enter the details of the school you are nominating and select the category you are entering.
- Step 2: Upload your completed entry form.
- Step 3: You will then have the option to review your entry, tick that you've read the terms and conditions of our website, then click CONFIRM SUBMISSION and you’re done.
- You should receive an email confirming that we've successfully received your nomination's.
Please carefully read the section that describes the criteria the judges will be using to assess each category and make sure you cover these in the submission(s) you prepare. One of the biggest failings when people enter awards is that they don't always provide enough robust information. So please include facts and figures wherever possible. Some of the categories ask you to include details of a case study or example. Think carefully about this and choose the one that best promotes your expertise.
Entries are open until 5pm on Friday 11 March 2011. The shortlist will be announced in early April and the winners will be announced at a gala luncheon in June 2011.
- Outstanding Primary School of the Year
- Outstanding Secondary School of the Year
- Outstanding Special Needs School of the Year
- Outstanding Community Partnership Award
- Outstanding Leadership Team Award
- Outstanding Business Management Team Award
- Outstanding School Financial Team or Initiative
- Outstanding Literacy or Numeracy Initiative
- Outstanding Sporting Initiative or Partnership
- Outstanding Sustainable School or Partnership
- Outstanding ICT Learning Initiative or Partnership
- Healthy Eating Award
- Outstanding Teaching Resource of the Year
- Outstanding School Website of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Overall 2011 Outstanding School of the Year