What not to do: the common mistakes
- Don’t be unprepared for your interview - make sure you have thoroughly researched the school and that you understand the job specification.
- Don’t wear novelty clothes - dress appropriately.
- Don’t talk too much - make sure you listen to the questions and answer them concisely.
- Don’t be negative - you may have already have had some negative experiences, but don’t focus on them. Focus on the positive ones, or talk about what you have learned from the negative ones.
- Don’t make things up - you are likely to be asked to give practical examples of what you have stated on your application form.
- Don’t fall at the finish - if all of your questions have already been answered during the interview, take the opportunity to stress how interested you are in the position rather than say you don’t have any questions.