Working at TSL
Working at TSL
TSL Education is one of The Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For 2013
TSL has been acknowledged as a company at which,
employees believe they can make a valuable contribution to the success of this digital education business.
Above all, we believe in innovation at TSL. We constantly strive to deliver new, exciting and relevant services and products for our members and readers. As an innovative organisation, we are always developing; part of that process is adding new talent to the exceptional group of people who work for us.
TSL is a diverse and growing company with people who bring a range of skills to ensure we excel in the variety of products and services we deliver. This includes digital media and online experts, journalists, recruitment specialists, sales and events professionals, customer services people, analysts, educationalists, resources and subject experts, as well as our teams in finance, HR, IT and office services.
At TSL the pace is fast, the work is interesting and in every area of our business our people are defined by their passion, intelligence and talent. Everyone who works for us is passionate about what we do and every individual is recognised as key to delivering our vision. We are committed to an engaging and inclusive culture that values and rewards each employee's ideas and contribution.
If you believe you can contribute to our success, get in touch. You can email your CV, along with a covering letter telling us what roles you are interested in and what you can bring to TSL, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TSL is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to ensuring a culture of respect and dignity at work for all employees. To ensure that we develop and employ only the best people, all applications are considered on merit only.
Current vacancies at TSL
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Test Analyst to join the TSL team.
The key responsibilities of this role include technical testing, quality assurance and creating, reviewing and using testing methodologies. The Test Analyst will create test cases and suites which will ensure the interrogation of a technical solution from a white box perspective and complete testing of functional requirements with use of case scenarios. Utilising, black box testing to ensure identification of positive and negative user scenarios; that will effectively test the business requirements will also be a responsibility for the role.
The Test Analyst will drive the creation of acceptance criteria in order to ensure full and effective testing. By collecting and understanding test metrics the role will also produce written and oral presentations of tested work and the testing technologies used by TSL for the other test teams and internal stakeholders.
It is of key importance that the Test Analyst is adept at knowledge sharing and has excellent team working skills. Further, the role will require a deep understanding of the market place of TSL applications and reflect these into the business requirements.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable high quality testing experience including Selenium Webdriver Framework using C# and nUnit. You must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as being resourceful and self motivated. You will need strong report writing and presentation skills and have an enthusiastic and flexible attitude.
Experience with test management tools such as Microsoft Test Manager, VS 2010 Test Profession is essential.
With responsibilities that encompass non-functional testing (including performance and stress testing) and automation testing you will be delivery focused and driven to provide the best technical solution at all times. Experience testing Web Service API’s is essential; with proven experience of Web and eBusiness environments.
Working quickly and accurately to ensure you are able to meet with challenging deadlines without compromising the technical approach. You will be comfortable working with multi-disciplinary teams (including product owners, designers and business users) to ensure that that the correct set of features are released.
You will be required to think creatively, employ best practises when faced with new work and also give recommendations for improvements to existing testing procedures. Experience of working with web content management systems and community tools would be desirable.
If you are interested in applying for the vacancy of Test Analyst, please forward your CV to email@example.com
Web Developer .Net
We currently have exciting opportunities within our London development team for a .Net Web Developer. Reporting to the Development Manager, the Web Developer will play a major role in the development team. Utilising the latest in .Net technologies, the Web Developer delivers functionality to our websites serving millions of users as an integral part of the Web Development team.
The Web Development team is dynamic and innovative, and works closely with our Project Managers, Business Analysts, User Experience designers and testers to produce a product of extremely high quality and reliability, allowing us to provide an online service that can be relied on.
Contributing to the solutions design, development and delivery of technical projects including documentation; the Web Developer is responsible for the layout, visual appearance, usability, maintenance and development of websites (existing and new).
Skills & requirements
- Excellent .Net 2.0, 3.5 and 4.0.
- Excellent C#.
- Excellent ASP.Net and Microsoft's MVC 2 or above with 3 years commercial experience.
- Good SQL Server 2005 and above T-SQL Programming.
- SQL Server DB Design.
- Good Web-standards HTML4 and CSS2.
- Good HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience working with source code control tools within a team environment.
- Experience working in an Agile and Waterfall project environments;
- A demonstrated commitment to delivery timelines, good estimation, reporting and the meeting of challenging deadlines;
- Strong ‘web awareness’ - ability to build pages that are cross browser compatible, fast to load delivering a rich user experience;
- Strong communication skills - ability to influence opinion and gain team buy-in to ideas
- Self motivated and driven to keep abreast of the latest thinking in web design and development;
- Be comfortable communicating with multiple-disciplined teams and team members;
- Be an avid researcher of development technologies - constantly expanding personal knowledge and willing to contribute to the collective knowledge of the team for the benefit of all;
- A self-starter, working diligently on tasks through to completion - exhibiting ownership and responsibility around solutions and their implementation.
If you are interested in applying for a Web Developer role please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of UX and Design
TSL has an exciting opportunity within the User Experience & Design team for a Head of User Experience & Design.
This is an unique opportunity for the right person to lead a fast-paced highly-motivated user experience and design team; making a significant impact on the business and the digital portfolio at TSL.
The user experience and design team work as a service layer across all digital products; focusing on the users experience and overall look and feel of the sites. The team work closely with the development team, business owners and content editors, as well as engaging with external agencies and contractors when required. This role also includes oversight of the marketing design of our core products both online and in our printed magazines (TES and THE).
The design team have recently made a step change to the visual direction of the portfolio with the launch of our new product TES Pro www.tespro.com. The team are now fully positioned to continue rolling out significant design changes to the TSL sites and marketing, in line with current and forward-thinking design patterns and functionality.
With management responsibility for up to 8 staff and contractors, the Head of User Experience & Design will work closely with senior stakeholders and executives to understand and achieve business goals, whilst continually striving to raise the standard of user experience and visual design across all products.
Your responsibilities will include:
- be an inspiring creative leader with a deep, passionate understanding of user experience and design, and the ability to lead and pioneer this across the business.
- have a track record of delivering exceptional design projects in a fast paced corporate environment.
- be fully versed in current user experience design trends and patterns and create ways to introduce these into projects at every opportunity, keeping the experience fresh and current whilst always on brand.
- know how to creatively problem solve complex user experience challenges, and oversee or define simple, consistent functional specs to facilitate the business in providing an outstanding digital experience for our users.
- be an excellent manager who sets high expectations for yourself and your team. You will strike the balance between pushing your team forward when required, and appreciating them for their achievements when demonstrated, whilst always encouraging team collaboration.
- be an excellent communicator, with the ability to effectively communicate your ideas to a variety of different business stakeholders, including those with limited digital experience.
- love what you do, and be completely committed to making excellent work, showing motivation and energy to overcome any hurdles that appear in your way.
- maintain a positive can-do attitude even in the face of challenges and use your creative initiative to problem solve issues.
Quite simply, you will be a delight to work with, and we’ll wonder how we ever worked without you!
If you are interested in applying for this role please submit a link to your outstanding portfolio, attach your CV and an email explaining why you are so interested in this fantastic opportunity. Send to email@example.com
Front End Developer
We currently have exciting opportunities within our expanding development team for a Junior and Senior Front End Developer.
These roles will be an essential part of the Front End Development function, the technical aspects and standards of which are lead by the Front End Lead Developer. This role will contribute significantly to the overall design, development and delivery of the front end function for their award winning website, as well as many other websites across the business.
Working closely with the User Experience (UX) team, the Lead Front End Developer and the Lead Web Developer, this role will be responsible for building web pages in line with the design standards. The Front End Developer will consult with the UX team on the abilities of the latest web browsers, including HTML5 and CSS3 technologies, driving the usability of all their websites to the highest of standards.
As the role will be responsible for producing the front end design, development and delivery across the development team it is essential that the successful candidate is comfortable working within the standards and working practices implemented and is able to utilise their technical expertise to the standards required. All team members are also expected and encouraged to contribute and improve the development processes and standards.
Skills & requirements
- Experience with JSON, AJAX.
- Strong ‘web awareness’, able to build pages that are cross browser compatible, cross-platform, fast to load and capable of delivering a rich user experience.
- Experience working with source code management tools (Subversion, GIT or Visual SourceSafe) in a team environment.
- Experience working in an Agile and Waterfall project environments.
- A demonstrated commitment to delivery timelines, good estimation, reporting and the meeting of challenging deadlines.
- Self motivated and driven to keep abreast of the latest thinking in web design and front end development.
- Committed to translating the business' design and user experience goals to the highest standard with perfection.
- Exposure to working with .Net Developers using ASP.Net, Microsoft or other MVC implementation and Visual Studio 2010 or 2012.
- Be comfortable communicating with multiple-disciplined teams and team members.
- Strong communication skills, able to influence opinion and gain team buy-in to ideas.
If you are interested in applying for this role please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org