3 x Positive Behaviour Support Implementers (Respite
Positive Behaviour Support Implementers
Autism Spectrum Australia in Western Sydney
Reference Positive Behaviour Support Implementers (PBSIR0813)
Location Western Sydney
Duration Part Time
3 x Positive Behaviour Support Implementers (Respite)
Aspect Positive Behaviour Support
- Suit experienced Support Worker or early career grad in disability field
- 3 x part time contracts - 2 days/15.2 hours per week - days negotiable
- 1 position x contract to December 2013
- 2 positions x contracts to December 2015
- Approx. $51k-$53k p.a. + super for full time, pro-rata for part time hours
- Tax-effective PBI salary packaging benefits
- Based in Prospect with Western Sydney community focus
About Aspect: Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is the country’s largest not-for-profit autism specific service provider. Aspect aims for the best opportunities for people with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or other disabilities and delivers person-centred solutions by providing flexible, responsive and evidence-informed services.
About the role: You will support staff at Western Sydney regional respite units to consistently implement a range of good practice disability and Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) strategies through direct coaching and video modelling
This position reports to the Principal Consultant Behaviour Support and is part of Aspect’s PBS team in NSW.
- Collaborate with individuals, their families, respite staff & PBS specialists from a person centred approach
- Establish a coordinated team approach promoting shared agreement, communication and consistency
- Promote implementation of good practice disability & PBS strategies
- Support transfer of knowledge from support plans to respite staff
Skills, experience & qualifications:
- Relevant qualification in an area related to disability
- Experience delivering good practice PBS
- Experience/understanding of person-centred and family-centred practices
- Experience/understanding of strengths based approaches & capacity building
- Experience coaching and training staff
- Strong collaborative work and conflict resolution skills
- High level presentation skills
- Excellent communication, time management and administration skills
- Current driver’s licence and a willingness to travel across Western Sydney
- Availability to work weekends and evenings
This position requires a NSW Working with Children Check. Please refer to the following website for further information: http://www.kids.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/New-Working-with-Children-Check?site=aus. A National Police Check will also be required.
Salary and benefits: The salary range for this position is full time and will be pro-rated based on the contract hours per week. This position is covered by the Federal Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award and is classified at Level 4.
Tax-effective PBI salary packaging opportunities are available as Aspect is eligible for FBT Exemption as a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI).
For more information: www.autismspectrum.org.au
To Apply: When applying, please address the key responsibilities and requirements noted above and the selection criteria in the Position Profile. Enquiries should be directed to Dr Tom Tutton Manager Behaviour Support (02) 8977 8386, 0439 586 661 or via email to email@example.com
Please quote reference PBSIR0813 on all correspondence.
Aspect is a Public Benevolent Institution and EEO employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
Autism Spectrum Australia
Forest Ridge Business Park
Building 1, Level 2, 14 Aquatic Drive
Frenchs Forest NSW 2086
P 02 8977 8300
F 02 8977 8399
Closing Date: 16th November 2013