Administration Support Officer - Inala Flexible Learning Centre
Administration Support Officer
Inala Flexible Learning Centre at Youth Plus
Youth+ is an initiative of Edmund Rice Education Australia. Youth+ services including Flexible Learning Centres (FLCs) offer a full-time and multiyear secondary education and social inclusion program for young people who are disenfranchised from mainstream structures. Young people may express a broad range of complex education and social needs and the Youth+ services respond with a variety of flexible and innovative teaching and learning practices including vocational planning.
Youth + services provide young people with a varied and holistic set of learning experiences supporting them to identify and pursue an individual transition to adulthood, employment, further education and training and social connectedness.
Young people include indigenous and non-indigenous young people who are disengaged from mainstream education for a range of reasons and may include:
- Young people who have had contact with the juvenile justice system;
- Young people in the care of the Department of Child Safety;
- Young people with a history of trauma;
- Young people with a history of extended periods of unexplained absences from school
- Young people who are highly mobile;
- Young people who may have mental health and wellbeing concerns
- Young people who have been excluded or repeatedly suspended from school;
- Young people who are school refusers
- Young people who are homeless;
- Young people who are young parents;
- Young people with a generational history of early school leaving and/or unemployment
See www.youthplus.edu.au - Publications for further information.
See attached - Foundation Statement and Strategic Values.
The Teacher reports to the Head of Campus and Principal. He/She has responsibility:
1. Planning, preparation and delivery of effective learning and teaching programs for young people in both middle and senior phases of secondary education
2. Contributing to the development and implementation of the FLC’s objectives and planning
3. Contributing to the establishment and maintenance of a supportive school environment.
Applicants should submit an address each of the selection criteria as described below and current curriculum vitae outlining work history including the names of two (2) referees. Please include a referee from current/most recent place of employment.
Our organisation supports the rights of children and young people and is committed to providing a safe and supportive environment directed at ensuring their safety and wellbeing. All applicants for these positions will be subject to EREA screening procedures. Position Description: Teacher, Inala Flexible Learning Centre.
Applications close on Sunday 30 June 2013 and should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org and note in the application that you are applying for the position at the Inala FLC. For further information please contact Zoe Surawski, Senior Administration Officer through email@example.com or phone 0428 967 843.
70 Kate Street
Indooroopilly QLD, 4068
Phone: (07) 3327 2238
Fax: (07) 3327 2217
Closing date: 26th August 2013