Area Manager – SDN Brighter Futures Inner West
SDN Brighter Futures Inner West
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Area Manager within SDN Brighter Futures in Burwood.
As the Area Manager of this Brighter Futures program, you will bring your passion and commitment to social justice and addressing inequalities faced by children and families, to SDN. You will lead a multidisciplinary team consisting of two Team Leaders, Case Managers and Early Childhood Professionals in the engagement, assessment and ongoing case management of child and family clients. With ultimate responsibility for the Inner West Brighter Futures program, you will oversee the implementation of the case management framework, provision of quality childcare and parenting programs in an integrated way, working in close collaboration with community partners.
Brighter Futures offers family case management, home visiting and parenting programs for families, and supported child care for their young children, from birth to eight years. The aim of Brighter Futures is that families gain new skills that help them care for their children and prevent an escalation into the child protection system.
You will have:
- University qualifications in social work, psychology, social science or equivalent
- Leadership experience within the community sector
- Knowledge of, and experience in the delivery of strengths-based family-centred approaches to case management, early intervention and family services
- Experience in or willingness to lead and work within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to coach, train and lead others using a strengths-based approach
- Ability to plan, monitor and report on relevant outputs and outcomes
- Ability to develop & maintain positive working relationships with a range of key stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience in managing operational budgets
- Knowledge of early intervention program service principles & service provisions guidelines
- Commitment to social justice and addressing inequalities faced by children and families.
- A focus on outcomes, a results orientation and ability to drive change
Providing high quality service and support to excluded groups of children and families is at the heart of everything we do.If you share our values and believe that through working together we can make the world a better and more equitable place then we want to hear from you!
For further information, please go to the careers section of our website or contact Amy Fossett; Recruitment Advisor on (02) 9213 2414. Applications must address the selection criteria and should be received by close of business, Friday 23 August 2013.
How to Apply
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role
Close Date: 23/08/2013