Assistant Chaplain – Joondalup
Assistant Chaplain – Joondalup
Lake Joondalup Baptist College in Joondalup
Assistant Chaplain – 2014
Duties and responsibilities of Assistant Chaplain
- Provides spiritual leadership and counsel to College students, with the focus being on girls’ welfare, adhering at all times to the College’s student management policies and procedures.
- Facilitate youth small groups and their leaders, with an emphasis on girls’ small groups.
- Initiate at least two girls’ small groups each year.
- Take an active role in the identification, mentoring and training of small group leaders, including the provision of small group material and the training of leaders to produce their own material over time. This will involve close liaison with the Youth Pastor and assisting the Secondary Chaplain and Youth Pastor with the preparation of material for lunchtime groups and for organised small group leadership sessions.
- Organise and run the annual SHINE program – a positive, self-esteem program for girls.
- Attend both the senior and the lower school Chaplaincy camps and College Year 9 Camp. The Assistant Chaplain will be second in charge at Chaplaincy camps.
- Liaise closely with the Secondary Chaplain on all issues regarding Duty of Care.
- Any disclosure of harmful behaviour or intentions by a young person is to be discussed with the Secondary Chaplain as soon as possible on the same day. This disclosure is to be passed on to the relevant Head of House and Dean of Students after consultation with the Secondary Chaplain.
- To support the College China Service Tour, which will include after school classes, organising visas and preparing booklets for the tour.
- Support devotions for Forms and assemblies at the College and write articles for newsletters and the annual Impressions magazine.
- Attend and promote Chaplaincy department events, including Masquerade Ball and lower secondary dance parties.
- Support the Chaplaincy Department with administrative tasks. This will include collecting and organising emergency forms for both Chaplaincy camps, preparation and collection of positive letters to Year 9 students from their parents and support in promoting the 40 hour famine.
- Maintain current First Aid qualifications. The Assistant Chaplain will be the First Aid Officer at Chaplaincy camps.
- To organise and run excursions related to the Chaplaincy Department.
- Support and help coordinate Chaplaincy Department fundraising activities, which includes running the World Vision 40 hour famine, Wells for Malawi charity collecting in the city and Bunnings sausage sizzle.
- The Assistant Chaplain needs to be available to counsel and support students referred by the House Centre. They will be required to feedback to the referring Head of House after counselling. Relevant notes to be placed on student files on Teachers’ Assistant.
- Other duties as negotiated with Secondary Chaplain.
For more information and how to apply please visit:
Kennedya Drive, Joondalup
Western Australia 6027
PH: +61 8 9300 7444
FAX: +61 8 9300 1878
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
Closing date for applications: 4pm Friday 11 October 2013