Carinity Baptist Community Services, Queensland
Carinity (formerly Queensland Baptist Care) is a not-for-profit organisation which is currently entering into a time of great growth and expansion. Within this period of growth Carinity’s Aged Care sector is growing financially, geographically and in reputation. Carinity provides a range of other community services as well as aged care, including counselling, schools, accommodation for homeless youth, and disability respite services through its staff of approximately 1000 employees.
About the Role
Carinity Aged Care – Clifford has vacancies for Assistant Nurses to join their team on a Part Time basis. The Assistant Nurse is a valuable member of the Residential Aged Care team, who together with other staff endeavour to meet the individual care needs of the facility residents in an effective and holistic manner, ensuring a high standard of living in a pleasant, homelike environment is maintained. The successful applicant must be willing to work a variety of shifts that may be asked of them, this will include the possibility of morning, afternoon and night shifts.
Carinity Aged Care – Clifford is a beautifully appointed residential aged care facility, which is conveniently located in an inner northern suburb of Brisbane, in a quiet cul-de-sac with all services readily available. Clifford accommodates beds for high, low and dementia specific care and ageing, and provides quality care to each and every resident.
Benefits of joining the team at Carinity include:
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Access to Salary Packaging
- Not-for-profit organisation with a culture of caring for others
To be successful in this role, the following criteria should be met:
- Ability to work within the Christian ethos and framework of Carinity
- Certificate III or IV in Aged/Community Care and/or recent, relevant experience within Residential Aged Care is preferred.
- Willingness to work as a team member, relating to a multi-disciplinary healthcare team
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with the elderly, staff and management is preferred
- Displays compassion and a genuine interest in caring for the elderly, supporting their dignity and independence
- A knowledge of current standards of professional documentation requirements is preferred
- Current First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Current National Criminal History Record Check or willingness to obtain
How to apply;
Visit Working with us at www.carinity.org.au to apply or to view more information, including the position description. Applicants should include a resume and a brief cover letter addressing the requirements listed in the Position Description (Essential Competencies and Experiences). To discuss this position please contact Anne Marie Cassaniti, Residential Manager, on 07 3866 5300, during business hours only.
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
53 Prospect Rd, Gaythorne Q 4051
PO Box 6164, Mitchelton Q 4053
P (07) 3550 3737
F (07) 3550 3730
Applications close Monday 16 September 2013.