Barnier Public School in Western Sydney
Vacancy Type: Permanent Full Time
Principal Network: Nirimba
Staffing Area: Blacktown
Advertisement Number: A900062779
Requisition Number: 00001WS3
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $113,080.00. This position attracts a base salary of $102,482.00, plus leave loading and employer’s contribution to superannuation.
Barnier Public School (enrolment 812 students, including 3% Aboriginal students) has a caring, innovative staff and a supportive and committed community. The school is highly regarded for its integration of technology across the curriculum to address the emerging challenges of contemporary and future educational trends. Current priorities include implementing the Australian Curriculum and the Quality Teaching Framework.
General Selection Criteria
- Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
- Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
- Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
- Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Department’s Aboriginal education policies
Specific Selection Criteria
In addition to the general selection criteria, approval to teach infants and/or primary. Sound strategic analysis and planning capability and capacity to use creative problem solving to reflect the needs and aspirations of a growing community. Ability to develop positive partnerships across the school community through inclusion, leadership and outstanding interpersonal skills. Capacity to promote a shared vision for the school focused on current educational trends and high expectations for all students. Exemplary classroom teaching ability and a capacity to deliver innovation and engagement across the school K-6. Ability to oversee and lead the increasing role of technology in meeting the needs of a school community.
You must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident to apply for permanent employment in NSW public schools. Qualified School teachers approved or eligible to teach with the NSW Department of Education and Communities are eligible to apply for this position. Aboriginal teachers are encouraged to apply.
Contact Name: Rod Gibbs
Phone number: 9837 1600
Closing Date: 09/10/2013 4pm EST