Assistant Principal - Armidale
ST MARY’S PRIMARY SCHOOL in ARMIDALE
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL ROLE DESCRIPTION
The Assistant Principal shares with the Principal in all aspects of the school’s leadership and management and takes responsibility for the school in the Principal’s absence. As a key member of the School Leadership Team, the Assistant Principal shares responsibility for leadership of the school’s vision, mission and improvement agenda in a way which reflects the Catholic nature of the school. The Assistant Principal works with the Principal in the three key areas of; Catholic Identity and Religious Leadership, Teaching and Learning and Administration and Pastoral Care. The Assistant Principal contributes in a significant way to the Catholic life of the school, the development of a professional learning community, the overall management of the school and compliance requirements in all areas.
1. An active Catholic with an appreciation of and commitment to Catholic life and practice
2. Four year trained classification with, in general, at least eight years’ experience in teaching
3. Possession of, or willingness to obtain appropriate qualifications in accordance with Category E of the Framework for Accreditation of Staff in Catholic Schools
4. Demonstrated effectiveness in leadership role/s in Catholic School/s
5. Capacity to act/deputise in the Principal’s absence
6. A high standard of competency and proficiency as a classroom teacher and experience in teaching a range of different age levels
7. Demonstrated effectiveness in the integration of teaching, learning, assessment and curriculum implementation
8. Highly effective collaboration, communication, organisation and time management skills
9. Proven ability to work positively with students and their parents/teachers on behaviour management issues
10. Demonstrated ability to develop staff at individual and whole school level and to build the leadership capacity of staff
11. Capacity to lead aspects of the implementation of the School Improvement Program (SIP)
1. Significant involvement with the wider Catholic community
2. Evidence of relevant recent professional development related to Religious Education, Leadership and Curriculum
3. Proficient in the use of ICT
4. Demonstrated skills in negotiation and conflict resolution
5. Proven capacity to build relationships with all groups in the school community
This Position Description is a reflection of duties and responsibilities at a point in time and is not exhaustive. This Position Description is subject to change as required to meet the needs of the School.
Child Protection legislation requires applicants to be subject to employment screening
This position commences on 28th January 2014.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced educators, who are committed to the ethos of Catholic School Education and to excellence in learning and teaching, for the above position.
Questions regarding the professional nature of the positions should be directed to Suzanne Fern, Principal on (02) 6772 4441.
Preferred applicants will be subject to employment screening.
Applications must be received by 3.00 pm 1 November 2013
For more information visit:http://www.arm.catholic.edu.au/employment/jobs/jobs?site=aus
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
Catholic Education Office
Diocese of Armidale
ARMIDALE, NSW 2350
Phone: (02) 6772 7388
Fax: (02) 6772 9285
Close Date: 01/11/2013