A special selection of resources to support the teaching of pupils with autism across different age ranges and settings.Includes a number of practical activities and lesson plans that could be used within the classroom.
Collection created by Bev Evans
- An informative, colourful poster to hang in your staffroom; this resource gives key information and ideas in an easy to read format. Links to recommended resources, that support this area, are also included.
- A pack of different worksheets and information sheets for children with ASD and Asperger’s to complete and work through in order to understand ASD and support behaviour and emotions.
- This research identified and recorded existing practice in schools which were considered to provide excellent care for autistic children and sets out good practice guidelines from autismeducationtrust.
- Comprehensive guidance for those working with pupils who have autism. Quite wordy but includes some good resources and ideas.
- A Teachers TV video following the learning experiences of three brothers, aged 8, 12 and 16, who are all on the autistic spectrum but have different needs.
- PowerPoint presentation and student work pack/activities about the positive aspects of autism and how to be a better friend to someone who has autism.
- A very effective presentation which says a lot in a very short time. An excellent discussion starter from SENteacch.
- Some useful guidance for EYFS teachers on supporting children on the autistic spectrum.
- Twenty-year-old John Simpson, who himself is on the autistic spectrum, guides us through the theory and reality of life for many ASD pupils at secondary school.
- Useful set of resources that can be used for staff training. Also includes resources to use within the classroom.
- Notes taken at a conference looking at sensory issues. Includes helpful bullet pointed information from inclusivesolutions.
- Useful guidance for school staff from NationalAutisticSociety. Also contains lesson ideas and resources.
- Four boys on the autistic spectrum are observed during their school day to see how their individual needs are met by both mainstream and specialist staff. A secondary based Teachers TV video.
- A set of resources to develop awareness of autism in the group and wider school.