The crops are ready to be reaped, the leaves are falling from the trees and the landscape is coloured with hues of golden brown, yellow and orange: it can only be autumn. Get into the spirit of the season with this mixture of fun and topical resources.
- Encourage your children’s creativity with this audio and visual PowerPoint – plus worksheet – all about getting dressed to go out in the cold.
- A wonderful package full of ideas for Autumn music. It includes videos with instructions on how to play musical game as well as worksheets.
- Inspire your pupils with this video featuring words and prompts for using percussion instruments in class.
- Take a stroll through the woods with Nature Detectives and use the natural environment to create your own autumnal fragrance.
- Learn about reflections by using an autumn landscape as a starting point.
- Start crafting a seasonal book for autumn by colouring in and cutting and sticking these picture templates to the pages of your book.
- Help your pupils tune in to their senses with this recording sheet that will allow them to keep a track of their sensual experiences while taking a walk in the woods.
- Create an A-Z of all things autumn using the dictionary and a little bit of imagination.
- Oranges and reds and falling leaves are just some of the autumnal themes that come to mind and that are covered by these topic cards for display.
- This is an opportunity to test the autumn vocabulary and imaginations of your pupils with this haiku writing lesson.
- From conducting a leaf dance to collecting fallen leaves, this autumn topic plan features a wide range of activities for your class to enjoy.
- A study in warm colours and changing landscapes through the brush strokes of the likes of Van Gogh forms the basis for this autumn-themed art lesson.
- With a list of treasures at hand, the forest floor becomes a goldmine of activity in this Nature Detectives autumn scavenger hunt.
- This poem framework is designed to tap into the sights, smells and textures of autumn.
- Falling leaves and ripened berries are some familiar sights around autumn time, and this presentation captures the essence of autumn in photo and then in poem.
- Create a contemplative atmosphere with these autumn photos and captions to introduce the autumn topic.
- Bring autumn to life with song, using these lyrics adapted from popular nursery rhymes.
- Your pupils will be able to put on their dancing shoes by swishing, gliding and wiggling like a leaf falling from a tree.