Big Schools' Bird Watch
Take part in the world’s biggest bird watch and get closer to the wildlife you see every day with our handy selection of free teaching resources, shared by teachers, for teachers. Big Schools’ Bird Watch take place from 21 February through to 1 March 2013.
- Information about taking part in the event and downloadable resources from the RSPB.
- A great PowerPoint resource with photos and information about habitats and feeding habits.
- Download and print off these beautiful images for a stunning classroom display.
- A very helpful checklist and images of common British birds.
- Find out how to identify British birds by photograph, description and call.
- Compare and contrast three species of birds with these lesson activities and ideas.
- A TESiboard activity to support reading that gives information about British animals and birds.
- Help your pupils make a bird feeder from recycled materials.
- Investigate how different types of beaks are useful to different birds.
- A set of pictures to help your class identify common types of birds.
- A short film about a project to re-establish a breeding population of beautiful red kites.
- Find out about the magnificent ospreys that return each year to Loch Garten.
- Attract birds to your playground with this tasty treat.
- Explore colours and rhythm, inspired by images on a bird rug, using this lesson plan full of positive energy.
- Can your class spot birds doing all of these actions?
- Match the images and bird names and move the arrow to the birds you can see.
- A set of visual instructions for making a bird feeder – perfect for guided reading activities.