Campus Director – Bruce, ACT
Only About Children in Bruce
Only About Children Bruce Campus, a leading childcare sector education and development provider is calling on applications from highly experienced Directors to lead our 89 place service for a 12 month period.
Our team is vital to the successful operation of our campus, and we highly value individuals who are committed to a long term career in the industry with ambition to further their skills and experience. We are seeking a highly experienced Director to join the team at Bruce, covering a 12 month Maternity Leave contract. Working on a full-time basis, our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years previous experience in a Director’s role, overseeing a 60+ place centre. A key factor for Only About Children is sourcing a candidate who truly fits in with our values – “Integrity First”, a “Passion for Education” and “One Team”.
Only About Children recognises the important role of a Director, and we place huge emphasis on providing a supportive environment to ensure our Directors have sufficient time to work with their team, spend time with children and their families and get through the everyday ad hoc duties that are required. Our Admin Office acts as a direct support network where the successful candidate will have access to;
- A Customer Relations Consultant to oversee enrolments and ensure your campus is running at expected occupancy levels
- HR Team to assist with talent management, recruitment of casual and permanent staff, performance appraisals and reward and recognition.
- Representative from the Finance Team to assist and coach with rosters, budgets and all things financial!
- Campus Support Manager and Compliance Officer to assist with the daily operations of the campus
Benefits of This Role:
- Onsite parking
- Discounted childcare fees
- Annual salary review
- Directors Conference every 6 to 8 weeks
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bi-monthly networking meetings
- Paid professional development
- Internal training opportunities
- OAC Time – extra day of annual leave
- Regular social events
- Opportunity for career progression through internal promotions
Your Day Will See You:
- Ensuring reporting requirements are monitored, maintained and completed on time
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships and effective communication with the centres suppliers
- Developing positive and open professional relationships with families, children and staff
- Providing effective support, guidance & mentoring to staff members of the centre
- Managing budgets and expenditure within the budget framework
- Ensuring the campus operates within the set policies and procedures along with licensing, legislation & regulations requirements
- Ensuring rosters and staffing of the campus are well organised
- Managing and guiding team members with their professional development, individual goals and performance.
- Bachelor of Teaching/Education (Early Childhood) or Diploma in Children’s Services
- Previous experience in a Director’s role – a minimum of 3 years experience at a 60+ place centre
- Strong understanding of the National Quality Framework and EYLF with proven results
- A dynamic personality, creativity and a clear passion for early childhood education
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A cooperative team player who loves and respects children in all their individuality and developmental stages
- Commitment to excellence in early childhood
Committed to finding the right person, I am available for a confidential discussion about this role. Call Katie Summerhays on 0434 019 282 to discuss further or submit your resume to Sarah Broderick,email@example.com.
ACT: All positions are subject to applicants satisfactorily completing the employment screening process as detailed in the Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998 and Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Regulations 2012.
Application closing date: 12/08/2013