Case Manager – SDN Brighter Futures Eurobodalla
SDN Brighter Futures, Eurobodalla
A fantastic opportunity exists for a part-time Case Manager within our Brighter Futures Program in Moruya. This is a contract role is to work Tuesday to Thursday (22.8 hours per weeks) for a four month period. There is a chance that this may extend.
In this role you will coordinate services and support in accordance with individual family case plans for children and families who are enrolled in the Brighter Futures program. You will utilise your case management skills and experience to provide dedicated support to vulnerable children and complex families as an effective member of the Brighter Futures team and across the SDN organisation.
Brighter Futures offers family case management, home visiting and parenting programs for families, and supported child care for their young children. The aim of Brighter Futures is that families gain new skills that help them care for their children and prevent an escalation into the child protection system.
You will have:
- University qualifications in Social Work or another relevant degree.
- Demonstrated experience in case management and assessment experience in working with children and families.
- Knowledge and experience of complex child protection issues
- Excellent experience in relationship building, negotiation and influencing, with a range of stakeholders such as government and community groups
- Knowledge and understanding of a variety of different cultural and religious groups
- Knowledge of community services for referrals, basic health issues, relevant legislation, child development theory and learning approaches
- Knowledge and experience in aiding in the development of children and young people
- Knowledge of empowerment techniques including use of appropriate language and gestures
- Driver’s license and own transport (desirable)
SDN’s values and philosophy are at the heart of everything we do. If you share our values and believe that through working together we can make the world a better and more equitable place then we want to hear from you!
For further information, including a position description and selection criteria, please go to the careers section of our website or contact Amy Fossett; Recruitment Advisor on (02) 9213 2414. Applications must address the selection criteria and should be received by close of business, Friday 16 August 2013.
For more information and how to apply please visit:
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
Closing date: 16/08/2013