Case Managers – SDN Brighter Futures Inner West (Burwood)
SDN Brighter Futures Inner West (Burwood)
- Healthy work/life balance
- Learning and development opportunities
- Above award rates
Fantastic opportunities exist for Case Managers within our Brighter Futures Program in Burwood.
In this role you will coordinate services and support in accordance with individual family case plans for children and families who are enrolled in the Brighter Futures program. You will utilise your case management skills and experience to provide dedicated support to vulnerable children and complex families as an effective member of the Brighter Futures team and across the SDN organisation.
Brighter Futures offers family case management, home visiting and parenting programs for families, and supported child care for their young children. The aim of Brighter Futures is that families gain new skills that help them care for their children and prevent an escalation into the child protection system.
You will have:
- University qualifications in Social Work or another relevant degree.
- Demonstrated experience in case management and assessment experience in working with children and families.
- Knowledge and experience of complex child protection issues
- Excellent experience in relationship building, negotiation and influencing, with a range of stakeholders such as government and community groups
- Knowledge and understanding of a variety of different cultural and religious groups
- Knowledge of community services for referrals, basic health issues, relevant legislation, child development theory and learning approaches
- Knowledge and experience in aiding in the development of children and young people
- Knowledge of empowerment techniques including use of appropriate language and gestures
- Driver’s license and own transport
SDN’s values and philosophy are at the heart of everything we do. If you share our values and believe that through working together we can make the world a better and more equitable place then we want to hear from you!
For further information please contact Amy Fossett; Recruitment Advisor on (02) 9213 2414. Applications must address the selection criteria and should be received by close of business, Friday 9th August 2013.
Working with Children Check Applies.
Candidates from an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background are encouraged to apply.
Close Date: 9/08/2013