Centre Cook – SDN Erskineville
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a part-time Cook within our Early Childhood Education & Care centre in Erskineville. This position is to work Monday – Friday; 30 hours per week.
In this role you will work as part of a team providing quality childcare services whilst observing the policies, procedures, values and philosophies of SDN Children’s Services. You will plan and implement a nutritionally balanced menu, which you will prepare and serve to children attending the centre. You will work directly with children to provide experiences and help them to build up a positive relationship with food.
SDN Erskineville opened in 1936 to provide child care and education for children. As a team we are passionate and thrive on the inspiration given to us from all stakeholders including families, children, colleagues, theorists, and the community. SDN Erskineville is 70 place centres and caters for children from birth to 5 years.
You will have:
- Basic training in Food Safety & Nutrition (course unit number: CHCCN3C/CHCCN303A
- A working with children check clearance number (or willingness to obtain)
- Completion of Commercial Cookery basic training course or equivalent (desirable)
- Completion of Nutrition and Menu Planning for Children training (desirable)
- Experience cooking (preferably in bulk quantities) in a domestic orcommercial environment
- High level oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
SDN’s values and philosophy are at the heart of everything we do. If you share our values and believe that through working together we can make the world a better and more equitable place then we want to hear from you!
For further information, please go to the careers section of our website or contact Amy Fossett; Recruitment Advisor on (02) 9213 2414.
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role
Close Date: 5/08/2013