Centre Cook – SDN Ngallia
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a part-time Cook within our Early Childhood Education & Care centre in Lidcombe. This position is to work Monday – Friday; 25 hours per week
As the Centre Cook you will plan and implement a nutritionally balanced menu, which you will prepare and serve to children attending the centre. Working as part of a team, alongside Early Childhood Educators, you will work directly with children to provide experiences and help them to build up a positive relationship with food.
SDN Ngallia Children’s Education and Care Centre is located on the beautiful grounds of Sydney University’s Cumberland campus, and has been run by SDN Children’s Services since 1997. While many students and staff members from Sydney University and TAFE use our centre, we welcome all families from the community. SDN Ngallia is a 48 place centre and caters for children from birth to five years.
You will have:
- Basic training in Food Safety & Nutrition (course unit number: CHCCN3C/CHCCN303A)
- A Working with Children Check clearance number (or willingness to obtain)
- Completion of Commercial Cookery basic training course of equivalent (desirable)
- Completion of Nutrition and Menu Planning for Children training (desirable)
- Experience cooking (preferably in bulk quantities) in a domestic or commercial environment
- High level oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
SDN’s values and philosophy are at the heart of everything we do. If you share our values and believe that through working together we can make the world a better and more equitable place then we want to hear from you!
For further information, please contact Amy Fossett; Recruitment Advisor on (02) 9213 2414. Applications must address the selection criteria and should be received by close of business, Friday 16th August 2013.
For more information and how to apply please visit:
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
Closing date: 16/08/2013