Newport Gardens Early Years Centre, Melbourne
Rewarding, Challenging Career Opportunity
ECMS seeks to deliver and grow quality, inclusive and family-centred early learning services that enrich children’s lives and empower parents, families and local communities.
The Newport Gardens Early Years Centre (NGEYC) is an integrated service with long day care, kindergarten, toy library, maternal and child health, early intervention service and other child and family services, playgroups and a community space currently being constructed by Hobsons Bay City Council on the grounds of Newport Gardens Primary School.
This new position is responsible for coordinating and planning the establishment of the centre and leading and managing the ongoing operations.
This position will play a key role in building and maintaining an inclusive and collaborative multi-disciplinary service culture that underpins effective service integration that promotes service excellence.
The key selection criteria:
- Minimum qualification of Bachelor of Early Childhood Education (or equivalent), substantial professional experience in education, early childhood, family, children or community services, community development or similar.
- Proven experience and ability to provide effective staff leadership and management.
- Strong commitment to improving outcomes and making a critical difference in the lives of young children and families.
- A strong theoretical knowledge and ability to transfer and apply to practice.
- Experience in managing the development and implementation of challenging and complex projects utilising sound practices and approaches.
- Clear understanding of and commitment to the principles of integrated and innovative practice, and multi-disciplinary service delivery, as applicable within early childhood education and care and family services.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of children’s and family services including relevant government policy, legislation and programs.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, customer service, and relationship building skills.
- Able to provide sound financial budget management and reporting.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic work environment seeking innovation, leadership and service development.
See more vacancies at:http://www.ecms.org.au/vacancies?site=aus
Closing date for applications: 15/07/2013