Childcare Assistant Educator
Childcare Assistant Educator
Calvary Christian College in Carbrook
CHILDCARE ASSISTANT (Contract)
Kingdom Kids Childcare Centre, a part of Calvary Christian College, prides itself on “Learning in the Light of Christ” and is currently looking for an enthusiastic Childcare Assistant. Calvary is a dual campus from Childcare to Year Twelve with campuses located in Springwood and Carbrook. Our College has been developed on strong Biblical foundations and is directed to excellence in all areas.
Maintaining strict confidentiality is also a key aspect of the role.
This position would be required to work hours as advised by the Nominated Supervisor. Any additional hours will be negotiated from time to time.
- Assist in the delivery of the program from observation records of children and assessment of individual needs and interests, including children from different cultures or with disabilities and needs
- Assist the assessment of children’s overall development, communicating this with parents to ensure that children’s and family needs are met
- Assist with the preparation of activities for the children and participate in those activities as required and provide positive interaction with the children
- Supervise the provision of Centre-based Childcare services to the children and families of Kingdom Kids Childcare Centre
- Maintenance of Self-Assessment Journal
- Regular contribution to the Reflection Journal
- Assist with the review processes within the Centre with an emphasis on process improvement and relationship development including Quality Improvement Planning and Critical Analysis
- Meet compliance with all legislation, approved standards, policies and procedures relating to the operations of both Kingdom Kids Childcare Centre and Calvary Christian College
- Provide general support and advice to the Educators as required
- Participate in team building exercises and professional development including fortnightly Staff Meetings
- As a member of the Childcare staff team, create a safe, welcoming and enjoyable environment for the children
- Use well developed oral and written communication skills
- Use conflict management skills
- Cleaning and maintenance of care facilities and equipment
- Maintenance of records including, but not limited to Progression Reports, Learning Stories as per Educators’ direction
- An understanding of the current NQF and ACECQA policies.
- Comply with Kingdom Kids Childcare Centre’s Workplace Health and Safety programs and policies i.e. implement and monitor appropriate risk assessment and management strategies
- Report immediately any unsafe work practices or conditions
- Be a positive role model for children and reflect a positive Christian ethos4 | P a g e
- Present a positive image of Kingdom Kids Childcare Centre and Calvary Christian College
- Ensure that work is of a high quality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with individual children with particular needs
- Knowledge of age appropriate recreational activities
- Organisational skills
- Able to work independently as well as being a good team player
- Experience working with groups of children from 15months – 5 years
- Certificate 3 and/or Diploma in Children’s Services
- Current Blue Card
- First Aid Certificate
The Childcare Assistant Educator will be required to work at the Carbrook Campus.
CONDITIONS OF APPOINTMENT
The Childcare Assistant Educator will be employed under the terms of the Calvary Christian College
Union Collective Agreement 2012.
This appointment is subject to the satisfactory completion of a probation period of three months.
The Childcare Assistant will be paid a salary commensurate with skills and experience.
The appointment is a full-time position (76 hours per fortnight).
How to apply;
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
Calvary Christian College
559 – 581 Beenleigh-Redland Bay Road, Carbrook
Closing Date: 4pm - Wednesday 23 October 2013