Code of conduct
The TES forums are where the education community and anyone interested in education come to let off steam, discuss and share advice. We understand some of the debates can get heated and we encourage freedom of speech, but we expect our members to treat others with respect and courtesy. We will not tolerate the following…
- Abuse including bad language
- Cyberbullying - to support the Campaign log onto www.teachersunion.org.uk/cyberbullying
- Personal attacks
- Sexually explicit posts
- Ban dodgers / suspended members
- Bumping multiple old threads (a form of flooding)
- Links to rival web addresses
- Content that is in any way unlawful, threatening, offensive, bigoted, libellous, obscene, prejudicial to active legal proceedings, in contempt of court, otherwise objectionable or in breach of any obligations of confidence or copyright
- The use of offensive names or nicknames
- Socks (created to dupe users)
- Re-posting a previously deleted thread or post
- Instructions for illegal or otherwise harmful activities
- Links to pornography, pirated software and/or computer games, copyrighted material or other counterfeit goods
- Content that infringes any patent or trademark rights
- Collection or distribution of personal data concerning other members of TES Community products or personally identifiable information about another person that is published without their express consent
- Impersonation of another person, whether a friend, family member, celebrity, TES employee or other TES Community participant
- Chain letters, money making or pyramid schemes
- Organisation of raffles, lotteries or quizzes which involve the taking of money. For details of the legalities of this, please click here
- Advertising products or services other than in the Marketplace forum
- Advertising job vacancies
- Offensive or copyrighted images
- References to individual schools, colleges or agencies - or their staff - whether by name, or identifiable by a pseudonym or any other means
Members should not act in any way to disrupt the flow of an ongoing discussion. If a member does not wish to participate in an ongoing discussion or wishes to discuss a non-related topic, they are requested to begin another thread or go to the relevant Forum.
You may be held legally accountable for what you say or do online. In particular, you may be held liable for any defamatory comments, threats and untrue statements or other illegal or fraudulent claims made by you.
Your profile name(s) must not include words that are racist, profane, crude or otherwise offensive.
You may be held accountable for any breach of the rights of a third party if you have not obtained their prior consent to the use of their property.
You agree and warrant that you will comply with the terms imposed by the owner or licensor of any intellectual property rights as may exist in all software and information you access or post and to indemnify TES against any action or cost suffered or incurred by TES as a result of a breach by you of this term.
TES does not undertake to monitor every communication or the conduct of every member of TES. We operate a notice and take down policy known as reactive moderation.
TES will use best endeavours to promptly remove content which is reported as being in breach of this Code of conduct or the Terms and conditions but cannot guarantee to do so.
TES does not endorse any opinions expressed by members of TES.
TES reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to remove material at any time.
TES consists of information posted by third parties. As a result, TES accepts no liability in respect to the accuracy or truthfulness of any advice, information or data posted online or any responsibility for the consequences of your acting in reliance on such information.
If you fail to observe either these rules or TES’s Terms and Conditions at any time, TES reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to exclude you (either temporarily or permanently) from any part of the TES Website depending on the nature and severity of your breach.
TES may release information about you (both present and past) to the relevant authorities where TES believes that you have breached the rules or have used TES to commit unlawful acts. We also reserve the right to disclose your personal information where required to do so by law and where we deem it appropriate in response to complaints of a substantial nature.
Please note: Threads or posts may be deleted and members may be banned at the sole discretion of TES administration staff without notice.