Cook - Coogee
Only About Children in Coogee
Only About Children are excited to announce the opening of our state of the art, purpose built service; Coogee Carr Street Campus.
Designed to cater for children aged 0 to 5 years, our campus has been custom designed to ensure we establish ourselves in the local area as the best early childhood provider available. Expected to open in January 2014, some key features of this campus include outdoor areas with a strong emphasis on the outdoor environment, an al fresco dining area, technologically advanced resources including iPads for the 3 to 5’s Room and Reggio Emilia inspired educational environments. The campus will truly be one of a kind!
Our team is vital to the successful operation of our campus, and we highly value individuals who are committed to a long term career in the industry with ambition to further their skills and experience.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Cook to work on a full-time, permanent basis, Monday to Friday.
If you have a passion for preparing healthy, nutritious meals for young children, then this is the job for you. In this role you’ll plan and prepare nutritious hot lunch meals and morning and afternoon tea snacks in line with dietary requirements and food standards of NSW. Our cooks often spend time with our preschool aged children teaching them how create simple snacks that are healthy and full of nutritious value.
The successful applicant will be required to have a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or a Certificate in Food Handling. A completed a course in Menu Planning and Nutrition for children 0-5 years would be highly regarded.
Key responsibilities include yet are not limited to:
Preparation of daily meals including baby pureed meals and bottles
- Menu planning
- Weekly shopping
- Weekly kitchen cleaning duties
- Weekly check list
- Ensure that the kitchen operates within the National Quality Standards and governing regulation
- Comply with the centres policies and procedures along with licensing, legislation & regulations.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Food handlers Certificate
- Menu planning Certificate
- Have the right to live and work in Australia.
- Own transport and license
- Excellent personal hygiene and organisation skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Polite, easy to work with and supportive within the team environment
- Contribute to the effective operation of the workplace by supporting colleagues, sharing ideas and information, & working as a good team player.
To apply submit your resume to Sarah Broderick, email@example.com.
Close date: 17th September 2013