Cook / Kitchen Manager - Toonallook
Carey Baptist Grammar School - Junior School, Toonallook
Situated on the Banksia Peninsula, Camp Toonallook is the permanent campsite for Carey Baptist Grammar School. Students (boys and girls) spend four to five days at the camp during Years 5-7. The site is also used for the Year 10 program, eight days in May and another 8 days in late August. A number of other school groups use the site on an ad hoc basis and may require assistance by negotiation from the Cook/Kitchen Manager.
- Prepare, cook, portion and serve food for students/staff (on average 30-35 people on each camp). Including breakfast, lunch, morning and afternoon tea and dinners.
- Order and management of kitchen supplies, including food, cleaning equipment, crockery, utensils and appliances.
- Supervision of the quality and receiving of food as ordered/delivered
- Oversee the cleaning of the kitchen often with the supervision of students involved in kitchen duties
- Liaise with head of Outdoor Education and/or Camp co-ordinator on all matters relating to the safe and suitable running of the kitchen.
- Maintain and continue to develop the food safety guidelines for the kitchen.
- Prepare and pack food for Outdoor Education expeditions.
- Maintain and stocktake supplies.
- Keep records of payments and expenses
- Discuss catering arrangements with Head of Outdoor Education.
- Ensure kitchen, storage facilities and other work areas are kept clean and conform to the sanitary regulations
- Attend to complaints concerning food and service.
- Plan menus and estimate food requirements
- Prepare and cook different kinds of foods
- Monitor food quality at all stages
- Store food safely and hygienically
- Prepare food to meet dietary requirements.
How to apply;
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
Carey Baptist Grammar School
349 Barkers Road, Kew 3101
Reception: (03) 9816 1222
Closing date: 30th November 2013