Cook – Long Day Care
Cook – Long Day Care
QV Children’s Centre, Melbourne
ECMS offers an exciting work environment within early education. We are committed to building a team of professionals who engage with our values and are looking for an opportunity to enrich their working lives. Our commitment is to support you in your professional growth and journey. We promote and value the important roles all our team provide in the early education sector.
We are currently seeking an experienced Cook at our QV Children’s Centre in the CBD and St Vincent’s Early Learning Centre in Fitzroy.
QV - Part Time, 6 hours each weekday, a total of 30 hours per week.
St V - Part Time, 7.5 hours each weekday, a total of 37.5 hours per week.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in the preparation of children’s daily meals within a set budget, including; morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and late snack.
Some specific duties include:
- Designing and implementing seasonal weekly menus
- Preparation of nutritious cold and hot meals in line with dietary requirements and food standards
- Preparing alternative meals for children with allergies, intolerances and cultural requirements
- Preparing orders for buying bulk food
- Weekly shopping for fresh food within budgets
- Overseeing food safety plan and completing all associated documentation and logs
- Responsibility for maintaining, rotating and ordering kitchen supplies
To be considered for this role you must possess:
- Relevant chef / cookery qualifications
- Current certificate in a relevant food hygiene course
- Food Safety Supervisor and Food Handling Certificate
- Current Working with Children Check
- Anaphylaxis certification or willingness to undergo training
- First Aid/CPR and Asthma certification preferred
- The Right to Work in Australia
This is a great opportunity to join a strong and growing not for profit organisation who values staff, communities and family centred practices.
Applications including resume and qualifications should be marked #675 for QV and #681 for St Vincent’s.
See more vacancies at:http://www.ecms.org.au/vacancies?site=aus
When applying please quote ‘TES Australia’.
Close Date: 12/08/2013