Townsville Catholic Education Office
- A strong commitment to the Catholic faith and active membership of the Church
- Personal qualities of leadership, sound judgement, a capacity for strategic thinking and a commitment to collaborative processes
- A high level of knowledge and skills in Curriculum, teacher development and pedagogy
- Demonstrated ability to ensure curriculum initiatives are promoted through the delivery and/or co-ordination of quality professional development opportunities for teachers.
- Well developed interpersonal and effective communication skills
- Appropriate Tertiary Qualifications in Education and eligibility for registration with the Queensland College of Teachers
- Experience in education leadership
- Completed or enrolled in post-graduate study in Faith education, Theology or Christian Leadership Course
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
The Catholic Education Office is the administration centre for Catholic Schools in the Townsville Diocese. The Curriculum Officer will support the coordination and implementation of Curriculum strategic planning processes for Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Townsville. The role holder will work within a P-12 orientation in collaboration with one other Curriculum Officer and under the direction of the Assistant Director RE/Curriculum. A key focus is pedagogical renewal and promotion of quality and innovative teaching and learning processes. Applications from suitably qualified personnel are sought. A strong commitment to the promotion of Catholic ethos is essential.
Employment Conditions: An attractive salary package will be offered to the suitable applicant.
Application packages including role description and selection criteria are available from:http://www.tsv.catholic.edu.au/employment/vacancies/?site=aus
How to Apply
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
Catholic Education Office of Townsville
2 Gardenia Ave, Kirwan, Queensland 4817
Phone: (07) 47730946
Close Date: 02/09/2013