St Michael’s Grammar School, St Kilda
Part time, fixed term role
St Michael’s Grammar is one of the leading co-educational, independent schools in Australia, providing exceptional educational opportunities to more than 1300 students from Kindergarten to Year 12. St Michael’s was established by the Anglican Community of the Sisters of the Church on its current site in 1895.
St Michael’s is renowned for its excellence in teaching and learning, diverse community, and creative and caring environment. The St Michael’s community is united by strong values based on respect to self and others, wellbeing, autonomous thinking and expression, and meaningful connections with local and international communities.
We are looking for an innovative Dance teacher to deliver effective teaching, learning and caring programs in the Senior School. You must be aligned with the School’s ethos, vision and values. You are curious, excited and invigorated by learning and are a continuous, autonomous learner who makes visible their own learning. You will possess a positive outlook, exceptional interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence with demonstrated ability to build authentic, collaborative relationships.
The successful applicant:
- Must be a qualified teacher and be able to demonstrate a suitable tertiary qualification in teaching and their methods
- Must hold current registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT)
- Will be able to teach Dance years 7 to 12
- Must be willing to be involved in all aspects of the School’s program
- Will possess strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and interact with both adults and students
- Has high level communication skills
- Can work independently but also as part of a dynamic, creative and collaborative team.
This is a one year fixed term position to cover a staff member on parental leave, commencing in January 2014, on a 0.6 load.
There is an engaging culture at the School, based on the Schools values of dignity, respect, care and compassion. You will be a part of the School’s professional development programs; there is an active Staff Association and opportunities to participate in a wide variety of School activities. These opportunities make St Michael’s Grammar School a highly sought-after working environment. The School is centrally located and is close to public transport.
To apply and for more information visit:
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
St Michaels Grammar School
25 Chapel Street,
T: +61 3 8530 3200
F: +61 3 9510 9392
Closing Date: 30th September 2013