Deputy Head of Boarding
Deputy Head of Boarding
St Margaret’s Anglican Girls School
The purpose of the Deputy Head of Boarding role is to provide support to the Head of Boarding to ensure a high quality service to students, staff, parents, the Boarding Parent Support Group and compliance to policies, procedures and legal requirements. The role includes overseeing the operation of the Boarding House in the absence of the Head of Boarding.
As a qualified and experienced teacher, this is an excellent opportunity to start building a career in boarding house leadership. The role requires a mixture of teaching a limited number of classes in the day school and providing operational leadership within the boarding house. Nights and week-end work are a must to ensure your success in the role as it allows the opportunity to build solid relationships with the boarders, their parents and the boarding house staff as well as the opportunity to lead by example. Whilst previous experience in boarding is not essential, it is vital that the successful candidate has a passion for providing exceptional pastoral and academic support to students in a boarding environment and are willing to wholeheartedly embrace life in the boarding house.
Key responsibilities of the Deputy Head of Boarding role include
- In the absence of the Head of Boarding, oversee Boarding House and deputise as required
- Remaining accessible to Boarder parents and providing a high level of service to them. This includes providing on call support to boarding staff and parents every second week-end and sharing week night coverage (approximately 4 nights per week) with Head of Boarding.
- Coordinating Escorts for boarders.
- Coordinate all facilities, maintenance and catering requirements for the boarding house
- Monitor the boarders’ academic needs and performance, including tutoring as required.
- Oversee the activities and well-being program, attend activities as required and coordination of Boarding House functions and events
- Ensuring the pastoral and academic care programs are followed by all staff.
- Oversee and direct boarding administration staff to ensure the efficient operation of the administration functions of the boarding house.
- Assist the Head of Boarding with ongoing review of boarding House systems, procedures and policies and make recommendations to the Head of Boarding.
- Actively promote teamwork within the Boarding house and the wider school community.
- Teach timetabled classes in the day school (a small allocation will be determined by negotiation)
- Ensuring roster coverage for all shifts.
This role will be offered on a 3 year fixed term contract commencing in January 2014.
This is an ideal opportunity for those who wish to develop further their leadership and skills in the areas of Boarding management and Pastoral Care.
Don’t let this opportunity go by, apply today!!
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
P: +61 7 3862 0777
F: +61 7 3862 0701
11 Petrie Street,
Ascot Qld 4007
Close Date: 26th August 2013