Deputy Head of Boarding
Deputy Head of Boarding
St Margaret’s Anglican Girls School in Queensland
St Margaret’s Anglican Girls School is one of Queensland’s leading independent schools, fostering in students confidence, compassion, academic excellence and a life long love of learning. We look for all staff to be committed to and in harmony with the Anglican ethos of the school.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Deputy Head of Boarding. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wishes to develop further their leadership and skills in the areas of Boarding management and Pastoral Care.
The Deputy Head of Boarding provides support to the Head of Boarding to ensure a high quality service to students, staff, parents, the Boarding Parent Support Group and compliance to policies, procedures and legal requirements. The role includes overseeing the operation of the Boarding House in the absence of the Head of Boarding.
As a qualified and experienced teacher, this is an excellent opportunity to start building a career in boarding house leadership. The role requires a mixture of teaching a limited number of classes in the day school and providing operational leadership within the boarding house. Nights and week-end work are a must to ensure your success in the role as it allows the opportunity to build solid relationships with the boarders, their parents and the boarding house staff as well as the opportunity to lead by example. Whilst previous experience in boarding is not essential, it is vital that the successful candidate has a passion for providing exceptional pastoral and academic support to students in a boarding environment and are willing to wholeheartedly embrace life in the boarding house.
This role will be offered on a 3 year fixed term contract commencing in January 2014.
Readvertised, recent applicants need not reapply.
Please note unless stated otherwise above applications are to be submitted via email to email@example.com
For further information in relation to the Application Process please click here.
Benefits employees at St Margaret’s Anglican Girls School enjoy include:
- Competitive salary structure for teaching and support staff
- Access to Employer Superannuation Contributions when voluntary contributions are made
- Ability to cash out Long Service Leave pro-rata after seven years
- Staff Award Scheme
- 12 weeks of paid maternity Leave
- Staff Discount on fees for daughter/s attending St Margaret’s
- Financial incentive for relevant Masters study
- One study day each semester for relevant Masters study
- 38 weeks of term time for a school year
- Access to relevant and interesting Professional Learning opportunities
- Opportunity to take on additional responsibilities for experience and shadowing
- First Aid training offered annually
- Avenues to have excellence in teaching recognised with accomplished teacher and exemplary teacher structure
- Structured annual review process
- Voluntary access to the flu immunisation annually
- Access to counselling services
How to Apply:
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
P: +61 7 3862 0777
F: +61 7 3862 0701
11 Petrie Street,
Ascot Qld 4007