DEPUTY HEADMASTER (YEARS 4-6)
DEPUTY HEAD (YEARS 4-6)
WYVERN HOUSE PREPARATORY SCHOOL (YEARS K-6)
COMMENCING TERM 1 2014
The College is seeking to appoint a permanent, full-time Deputy Headmaster Wyvern House (Years 4-6) to commence Term 1, 2014.
There are two Deputy Headmasters at Wyvern House. One is responsible for Kindergarten to Year 3 and the other for Years 4 to 6. They work in collaboration to deliver outstanding leadership and day to day management.
This significant leadership position is for the upper primary (Years 4-6) post. There are currently 11 classes (4 at Year 6, 4 at Year 5, 3 at Year 4). The position reports to the Head of Wyvern. The position is assisted by Year Group Team leaders, Counsellor and Staff.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding classroom practitioner and will be required to demonstrate exceptional professional practice. There is a 0.4 to 0.5 FTE teaching load.
1. Academic (Years 4-6)
- Leadership of the teaching and learning programs, policies and oversight of implementation
- Responsible for all NSW Board of Studies and National Curriculum compliance requirements
- Leadership of the implementation of initiatives to enhance learning and teaching practices (Wyvern is using the Building Learning Power framework)
- Leadership of learning and teaching programs that meet individual boy needs e.g. differentiation, appropriate uses of ICT, specialist subject integration, learning support, gifted programs
- Analysis of academic data and tracking of individual performances
- Implementation and regular review of curriculum, assessment and reporting policies and practices.
2. Staffing (Years 4-6)
- Leadership of the Upper Primary teachers and support staff
- Mentor and lead the induction program for new staff
- Leading the teacher review and development policies and practices
- Model high quality teaching and learning practice (0.4 load)
- Oversight of the co-curricular policies and practices in conjunction with relevant staff
3. Pastoral (Years 4-6)
- Leadership of the pastoral programs (boy care, boy welfare, parent community)
- Plan and implement appropriate intervention strategies as required with relevant staff
- Maintain accurate records and excellent administrative requirements
- Liaise regularly and effectively with parents
- Conduct regular feedback surveys - boys, parents, staff
- Meet all risk and compliance requirements
- Support the Chaplains with the spiritual programs
- Lead by example as per the College ethos.
5. Organisational (K-Year 6)
- Assist with timetables, duty rosters, calendars
- Communicate effectively the daily, weekly and, term calendars
- Lead assemblies, gatherings, relevant events
- Implementation of the College Strategic Plan as relevant to Wyvern
- Deputise for Head of Wyvern as required
- Assist with public relations, tours, events, open days, admissions, interviews
- Organise and communicate daily casual relief coverage
- Help chart and deliver a quality education for Wyvern boys
- Membership of the Prep Leadership Team (Wyvern and Lindfield Preps combined)
- Membership of the Wyvern Leadership Team
- Requests made by Head of Wyvern
Applications close 5:00 pm Friday, 16 August 2013
For more information, guidelines and how to apply please visit this link: http://www.newington.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Deputy-Headmaster-Wyvern-full-time-perm-website.pdf?c6071f&site=aus
For more employment opportunities please visit:http://www.newington.nsw.edu.au/about/employment/?site=aus
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
Close Date: 16/08/2013